Digital TV News: Inception
BARB renews audience data contracts with Kantar
Jun 2, 2021 – BARB has announced that Kantar has won contracts to continue to deliver audience measurement for the UK TV industry, including expansion to report content ratings and viewing for streaming services.
News categories: Kantar, BARB, Adam Crozier, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
ACCESS and AirConsole bring cloud gaming to the car
Mar 29, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that it has partnered with N-Dream to bring its cloud-gaming platform, AirConsole, to the car. ACCESS will enable multiplayer gaming through its IVI platform and car-centric App Store.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, N-Dream, Sven Eckoldt, Dr Neale Foster, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
Samba TV begins Smart TV Privacy Manager rollout with Vestel
Feb 10, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the rollout of its Smart TV Privacy Manager. The Privacy Manager, based on the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF), is being rolled out to offer consumers privacy controls on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Ben Barokas, Leigh Freund, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Brightcove adds Cloud Playout feature
Feb 9, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has launched Brightcove Cloud Playout. The feature enables users to program a scheduled playout of both on-demand video assets and live footage or events into a single stream.
News categories: Brightcove, Namita Dhallan, Mike Zagari, Parikshit Dar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
Jan 12, 2021 – Synamedia's security and watermarking solutions are now integrated with the Akamai Intelligent Edge Platform. The combination detects pirate streams in real time and redirect viewers to legitimate services.
News categories: Synamedia, Akamai, Yael Fainaro, Amit Kasturia, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
InterDigital announces completion of VVC and V-PCC MPEG standards
Dec 17, 2020 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) has announced the finalization of the VVC and V-PCC video standards. VVC improves HEVC performance by 50%, while V-PCC is the first MPEG compression standard for dynamic point cloud content for immersive video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Lionel Oisel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, VR, Worldwide
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
Sky Italia renews capacity contract with Eutelsat
Sep 2, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Sky Italia have agreed a renewal of Sky's capacity contract at Eutelsat's HOTBIRD position. The multi-year contract represents a secured backlog of circa €450 million for Eutelsat.
News categories: Eutelsat, Sky Italia, Rodolphe Belmer, Maximo Ibarra, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
HEVC Advance releases draft VVC Licensing Program Overview
Aug 20, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced the release of a draft VVC Licensing Program Overview. The Licensing Program, covering both VVC and HEVC, would establish the Advance Licensing Platform for Video Codecs.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud