Digital TV News: Inception
Friend MTS receives investment from private equity firm NorthEdge
Sep 6, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced a significant investment by private equity firm NorthEdge. The investment will enable Friend MTS to expand its portfolio of video content security SaaS solutions and deliver technology to its core markets of sports and media.
News categories: Friend MTS, NorthEdge, Jonathan Friend, Jon Pickering, Content Protection, Digital TV, Private Equity, Worldwide
Streaming accounted for over one-third of U.S. TV viewing in June
Jul 21, 2022 – In June, streaming captured 33.7% of U.S. television consumption. This is streaming's largest share of TV usage to be measured by Nielsen's (NYSE: NLSN) monthly TV and streaming snapshot since its inception in May 2021.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Synamedia acquires Quortex
Jul 12, 2022 – Synamedia has acquired Quortex, a privately-held cloud video delivery platform provider. With the acquisition, Synamedia adds solutions for content processing, disaster recovery and live events.
News categories: Synamedia, Quortex, Julien Signes, Marc Baillavoine, Ben Keen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Telestream acquires Encoding.com
May 17, 2022 – Telestream has acquired Encoding.com, a cloud media processing platform used by customers around the globe. The acquisition solidifies Telestream's leadership in file-based video media workflows and orchestration from on-prem to cloud.
News categories: Telestream, Encoding.com, Dan Castles, Gregg Heil, Jeff Malkin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
holoride brings XR experiences to Audi vehicles
Mar 12, 2022 – Beginning in June 2022, Audi will make holoride extended reality (XR) experiences available through its vehicles' MIB 3 infotainment system, opening up a new level of immersion in entertainment, educational, gaming, and well-being content.
News categories: holoride, Audi, Digital TV, In-Car, Metaverse, Worldwide
MultiTV integrates dynamic ad-insertion from Google
Feb 22, 2022 – MultiTV has integrated Google's Dynamic Ad Insertion into its video platform. With the technology, MultiTV is able to offer a targeting solution that delivers personalized ad experiences during breaks on live OTT channels.
News categories: MultiTV, Google, Vikash Samota, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Innovid acquires TVSquared
Feb 7, 2022 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) will acquire TVSquared in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $160 million. The resulting joint offering will include ad serving, creative personalization and optimization, outcomes and audience measurement.
News categories: Innovid, TVSquared, Zvika Netter, Jo Kinsella, Calum Smeaton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
Jan 25, 2022 – Bitcentral, a provider of media workflows for broadcast and digital video, has announced that it has acquired Powr.tv, a D2C video publishing solution provider. Bitcentral will integrate its FUEL platform with Powr.tv.
News categories: Bitcentral, Powr.tv, Steve Petilli, Akshay Arvapally, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV