Digital TV News: Informa
Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
Jan 12, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched a Theatrical Video On-Demand (TVOD) measurement service as a way to capture viewing to movie releases that are directly available on demand through streaming/MVPD platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott N. Brown, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
OpenAP launches Supply-Side Platform for linear TV inventory
Jan 11, 2021 – OpenAP has launched a supply-side platform (SSP) that gives advertisers access to available linear inventory from TV publishers. The launch enables buying of advanced TV across premium viewing environments.
News categories: OpenAP, Omnicom, David Levy, Matthew Kramer, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
LG announces world's first Eyesafe-certified TV display
Jan 6, 2021 – LG Display and Eyesafe have announced the world's first Eyesafe Certified TV display. The display was designed to meet Eyesafe requirements for low emissions of blue light and optimal color performance.
News categories: Eyesafe, LG Display, TUV Rheinland, Justin Barrett, Davis Lee, Dr. David Friess, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Kalyan Varma, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies announces HDR10+ ADAPTIVE
Jan 5, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the specifications for a new feature called HDR10+ ADAPTIVE, designed to optimize HDR10+ content for a more consistent viewing experience in various environments.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Cabinet revises guidelines for providing DTH services in India
Dec 23, 2020 – The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for revision of the guidelines for obtaining license for providing Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting service in India.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite
IRIS.TV joins the Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Dec 23, 2020 – IRIS.TV has announced that it is supporting Unified ID 2.0. Unified ID 2.0 is an open-source approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising, while putting user control and privacy at the forefront.
News categories: IRIS.TV, The Trade Desk, Sean Holzman, Jeff Green, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Velocix CDN powers multiscreen services at TELUS
Dec 21, 2020 – Velocix has announced that TELUS is using its CDN software to support its IP-based live and on-demand video services, including Optik TV, Pik TV, and Optik on the Go, as well as its video gaming and data services.
News categories: Velocix, TELUS, David Sharpley, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand