Digital TV News: Jinni
Jinni semantic discovery implemented on AT&T U-verse
May 7, 2014 – Jinni has announced that AT&T U-Verse has implemented the company’s personalized TV experience features and is now available to all U-verse STB subscribers across the US.
News categories: Jinni, AT&T, Yosi Glick, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Prisa TV Selects Jinni as Provider of Discovery and Recommendation for Spanish Viewers
Aug 29, 2012 – Jinni has announced that Prisa TV, the company behind CANAL+ Spain, is the third European television network to offer its subscribers a semantic-based user experience, powered by Jinni, for TV viewing within the household.
News categories: Jinni, Prisa TV, Content Distribution, Spain
Swisscom Teams Up With Jinni to Bring Semantic Discovery to Live TV & VOD Subscribers
Jul 10, 2012 – Jinni has announced a partnership with Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) for integration into On Demand and live TV. The Swisscom service will offer its customers an intuitive, user-centric guide to seamlessly integrate discovery, content recommendations and viewing.
News categories: Jinni, Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Jinni and Belgacom release taste-powered set-top box
Jun 26, 2012 – Jinni has announced the launch of the first Jinni-powered set-top-box providing TV subscribers with a truly user-centric content discovery and viewing experience over linear TV and VOD. The box will be introduced progressively by Belgacom.
News categories: Jinni, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
100 Million Households Will Be Using Hybrid Services by 2016
Mar 20, 2012 – New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that 100 million households will actively use a hybrid service delivered to their TV set by 2016 and Europe's Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service will begin to gain dominance by late 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Omek and Jinni Partner to Demonstrate Gesture-Enabled Interface for Mood-Based Video Discovery
Jan 10, 2012 – Omek Interactive and Jinni Media have announced a partnership to deliver a video content navigation system for CE manufacturers and content providers that combines gesture recognition and body tracking with taste-and-mood based video discovery.
News categories: Jinni Media, Omek Interactive, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Jinni brings the Semantic Video Discovery to Netgem's IPTV solutions
Aug 24, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Jinni have partnered to offer end-users a new way of discovering and choosing content to watch on any connected screen within the home.
News categories: Jinni, Netgem, IBC, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MIPS Technologies Continues Digital Home Leadership With New SmartCE™ Platform
Jan 5, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has unveiled the new SmartCE™ (Connected Entertainment) platform, which will be demonstrated running on several of its licensees' SoC platforms at CES.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Blu-ray, CES2022, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 – blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, Luxembourg, Mobile, OTT
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers