Digital TV News: Jupiter Telecommunications
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
TiVo extends G-Guide and IP licensing with J:COM
Oct 31, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), one of Japan’s largest cable television operators, has signed a multi-year license renewal for TiVo’s G-Guide and intellectual property (IP) across Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Japan, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, UX
J:COM chooses Ericsson for next gen TV
Sep 12, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has been chosen by J:COM to power its next generation TV service. J:COM selected Ericsson’s MediaFirst TV Platform, to enable an enhanced, personalized multiscreen TV experience for its 3.7 million subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, J:COM, Angel Ruiz, Hirohiko Imura, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Japan, RDK, Set Top Box
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Rovi G-Guide HTML enables VOD discovery for J:COM
May 29, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Japan’s largest cable television operator, Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to power entertainment discovery across live TV programming and video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: Rovi Corp, J:COM, Chong-ho Choi, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rovi to launch HTML5 Electronic Program Guide for J:COM
Jan 31, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that its G-Guide HTML is planned to be launched on the new set-top box 'Smart J:COM Box' developed by Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM) in Japan.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Kazumasa Watanabe, Chong-Ho Choi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Smart J:COM Box launches in Japan
Jan 20, 2014 – Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM, JASDAQ: 4817), the largest MSO in Japan, has announced the launch of its J:COM Smart Box set-top box.
News categories: Jupiter Telecommunications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box
INSIDE Secure protects content in Pixela Android set-top box for J:COM
Sep 17, 2013 – INSIDE Secure has announced that its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software is being used by Pixela to meet content protection requirements for the new Android™-based set-top box (STB) developed for J:COM, Japan's largest cable TV provider.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Pixela, Jupiter Telecommunications, Motoyuki Ikeda, Simon Blake-Wilson, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, Japan, Set Top Box, Streaming
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV