Digital TV News: KDL
Freeview Play launches on Sony BRAVIA televisions
Dec 4, 2017 – Freeview and Sony have announced the roll out of Freeview Play on selected Sony BRAVIA TV models in the UK. The subscription free catch-up and on-demand platform provides access to BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play.
News categories: Freeview, Sony, Guy North, John Anderson, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Live 4K DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 transmission on show at ABU DBS in KL
Feb 28, 2014 – A live demonstration of a satellite and terrestrial hybrid 4K transmission system is in the works for the upcoming ABU DBS 2014 Exhibition in Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
News categories: MEASAT, Village Island, Aviindos, Jonathan Triboulet, Naveendran Murthy, Michael Van Dorpe, Raj Malik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Malaysia
Sony launches world's first 4K Ultra HD video download service
Sep 4, 2013 – Sony has annopunced the launch of its Video Unlimited 4K service, the world's first and only 4K Ultra HD video download service, with access to an expanding library of native 4K Ultra HD feature films and TV shows.
News categories: Sony Corp, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sony Makes 3D Come to Life at Home With First 3D Capable BRAVIA HDTVs
Jan 6, 2010 – Sony Electronics (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has introduced its 2010 BRAVIA® LCD HDTV line featuring its first 3D HDTVs, a new innovative and stylish Monolithic Design Concept, and LED backlighting.
News categories: Sony Corp, CES2021, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, VR
Sony Debuts More Networked BRAVIA HDTVs
Mar 2, 2009 – Bolstering the recently announced 2009 BRAVIA® LCD HDTV line-up, Sony Electronics (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced a series of additional networked models with full HD 1920 x 1080 progressive (1080p) resolution.
News categories: Sony Electronics, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
TechnoTrend supplies set-top-box for the TOPP project of KDL
Oct 6, 2008 – TechnoTrend is supplying receivers for the TOPP project of KabelDienstLeistungsgesellschaft (KDL). TechnoTrend is the first supplier of set-top-boxes for this offer aimed at independent cable network operators with integrated networks.
News categories: TechnoTrend, KDL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement