Digital TV News: Kabel BW
Kabel Deutschland adds 76,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 5, 2014 – Kabel Deutschland (KDH) has released results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. The recovery of the Premium TV business continued in Q3 with 86 thousand RGU net adds quarter on quarter after a weaker H1.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, DVR, Germany, Results, Subscribers
NDS Secures CI+ Modules for Kabel BW
Feb 21, 2012 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW, the third largest cable TV operator in Germany, have launched Common Interface Plus (CI+) modules based on the NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) system.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV
NDS Powers Hybrid VOD Service at Kabel BW
Mar 1, 2011 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW's new DVB-C-based VOD system is based on NDS' MediaHighway® set-top box (STB) software and VOD technology.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland 3D service to launch October 2010
Sep 2, 2010 – Following on from the first ever HD 3D live football broadcast in Germany, Sky Deutschland (XETRA: SKYD.DE) is again the first to bring the experience of 3D to homes all across Germany and Austria with the launch of the new service this October.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, VR
200,000 pay TV subscribers for Kabel BW
Apr 30, 2010 – Kabel BW has announced that has exceeded the 200,000 mark for active pay TV customers. Kabel BW is a cable network operator in the Baden-Wurttemberg region of Germany.
News categories: Kabel BW, Cable TV, Germany, Subscribers
NDS at ANGA Cable 2010: Highlighting Local Customer Deployments & Advanced Hybrid Solutions
Apr 27, 2010 – NDS has announced its line-up of advanced solutions and applications for ANGA Cable. On show will be innovative technologies that enable platform operators to secure and broaden their business with new, revenue-boosting hybrid services.
News categories: NDS Group, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Conditional Access, DRM, DVR, Germany, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, VR
Kabel BW launches HD PVR from Humax
Feb 2, 2010 – Kabel BW has launched a new high-definition PVR for its cable TV service in Baden-Württemberg. The iHD-PVR C from Humax features a 320GB hard disk and has VideoGuard conditional access from NDS built-in.
News categories: Kabel BW, Humax, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Set Top Box
Kabel BW Selects NDS Middleware, XTV™ DVR and VOD Solutions
May 26, 2009 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW has chosen NDS' MediaHighway® set-top-box middleware, NDS XTV™ DVR technology and a VOD solution from NDS to extend the capabilities of Kabel BW's service offering and technology infrastructure.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
German Cable Operator Kabel BW Selects Harmonic for New VOD Service
May 26, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Kabel Baden Württemberg GmbH (Kabel BW) has selected Harmonic and eventIS solutions for its video-on-demand (VOD) commercial trial, to be launched in late 2009.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, eventIS, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers