Digital TV News: Kantar Media
21% of UK users have accessed TV content illegally
Jul 22, 2015 – A survey, published by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO), shows the latest UK trends in online streaming and downloading. 62% of internet users in the UK have downloaded or streamed music, TV shows, films, computer software, videogames or e-books. This is up from 56% in 2013.
News categories: Intellectual Property Office, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
Time-shifted viewing increasingly becoming the norm for UK TV viewers
Nov 15, 2013 – Kantar Media's futurePROOF study on the ownership and use of digital technologies and media in Britain reveals that, whilst most people currently prefer to watch 'must-see TV' at the time of broadcast, the signs are that this will soon change.
News categories: Kantar Media, Trevor Vagg, Cable TV, DVR, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
Spain - February DTT monthly update released
Feb 11, 2010 – According to Impulsa-TDT, 1.36 million DTT receivers were sold in December, giving a cumulative total for Spain of 25.5 million units. Penetration of DTT in January was 80.8%, up by 3.4 percentage points since the end of 2009.
News categories: Impulsa-TDT, DVD, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution