Digital TV News: Khronos
Metaverse Standards Forum launched
Jun 21, 2022 – The Metaverse Standards Forum brings together standards organizations and companies for cooperation on interoperability standards needed to build the open metaverse. The Forum will explore where the lack of interoperability is holding back metaverse deployment.
News categories: Metaverse Standards Forum, Neil Trevett, Gaming, Metaverse, Worldwide
Mobica joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Mobica has joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative to provide professional and integration services, enhancing the open source TV middleware code and adapting it to the requirements of pay TV operators and their partners.
News categories: Wyplay, Mobica, Dominique Féral, Jim Carroll, Europe, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARM Launches Second Generation of MALI-T600 Graphics Processors
Aug 6, 2012 – ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has announced the second generation of the ARM® Mali™-T600 Series graphics processing units (GPUs), providing a dramatically improved user experience for tablets, smartphones and smart TVs.
News categories: ARM, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
ANTIK Technology prepares 3D HD set-top box
Mar 17, 2011 – Antik Technology has announced a new member of the Juice line of IPTV set-top boxes - its latest high-end hybrid DVB/IP set-top box based on the STi7108 System-on-Chip from STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM).
News categories: Antik, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Khronos Group Releases Provisional OpenMAX AL Digital TV Extension Specification
Jan 18, 2011 – The Khronos Group has announced that it has publicly released the OpenMAX™ AL Digital TV Extension specification, a royalty-free, cross-platform C-language API for high-performance digital TV-related applications on mobile and embedded devices.
News categories: Khronos, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Khronos Group Releases OpenMAX AL Specification for Application-Level Video, Audio and Image Processing on Mobile and Handheld Devices
Jan 18, 2011 – The Khronos Group has announced that it has publicly released the OpenMAX™ AL 1.1 specification, a royalty-free, cross-platform C-language API for high-performance multimedia applications on mobile and embedded devices.
News categories: Khronos, Middleware, Mobile, Portable
Imagination Technologies Powers 3D for NXP Set-Top Box platform
Jan 6, 2010 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) and NXP Semiconductors will demonstrate the recently announced NXP PNX847x/8x/9x SoC family at CES. The NXP PNX847x/8x/9x integrates Imagination's POWERVR SGX531 3D GPU.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, NXP, CES2023, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
STMicroelectronics Unveils 3D-Ready Set-Top-Box IC
Jan 5, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced a new generation of decoder chips that will enable hybrid internet/broadcast-TV set-top boxes (STBs) that allow consumers to experience broadcast, internet or personal content on the TV.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics and ARM Team Up to Power Next-Generation Home Entertainment
Oct 28, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) have announced that ST has adopted the ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ processor, in addition to the Mali®-400 graphics processor, for its upcoming set-top-box and digital TV ICs.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, ARM, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia