Digital TV News: Kordia
Kordia kicks off digital switch over in New Zealand
Sep 25, 2012 – On Sunday morning, Kordia engineers will begin the first of a series of switch-overs across New Zealand from analogue to digital television. The first regions to switch over will be the West Coast of the South Island, and Hawke's Bay.
News categories: Kordia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand's SKY Television confirms ISP partners for new online TV service, iSKY
Sep 29, 2010 – New Zealand's SKY Television has confirmed that it has partnered with Vodafone, Orcon, Slingshot, Woosh, Xnet and Farmside to create un-metered broadband plans for its new online TV service, iSKY.
News categories: SKY Television, iSKY, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
New Zealand digital TV penetration now at 55%
Nov 20, 2008 – NZ On Air has released a report that studies developments in digital broadcasting. As at October 2008, New Zealand's digital penetration (including Sky) stood at 55%, suggesting that the target of 75% penetration by 2012 can be reached.
News categories: NZ On Air, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Freeview readies for main event
Feb 25, 2008 – Freeview is on track to debut high-definition digital terrestrial television in April, after Kordia last week completed a $30 million transmission network.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
TANDBERG Television MPEG-4 AVC to Power Delivery of New Zealand Digital Terrestrial TV
Dec 4, 2007 – TANDBERG Television has announced that Kordia™ and TVWorks have selected its industry leading digital terrestrial television (DTT) head-end system for the delivery of the Freeview New Zealand DTT service.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, Kordia, TVWorks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Kordia tests cellphone TV
Apr 16, 2007 – State-owned enterprise Kordia has carried out the first trial in New Zealand of DVB-H, an emerging technology that could bring mobile TV to the masses by delivering television to mobile phones and handheld TVs at no cost to viewers. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, New Zealand
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households