Digital TV News: Korea Telecom
Industry leaders announce Streaming Video Alliance
Nov 14, 2014 – A number of companies have announced their intention to form the Streaming Video Alliance. The Alliance will facilitate the creation of architecture, standards and best practices that will scale the infrastructure for online video.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
KT launches Broadcom-enabled Ultra HD IPTV service in Korea
Sep 12, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its Ultra high-definition (HD) system-on-chip (SoC) technology has enabled KT to launch one of South Korea's first 4K in-home IPTV media services.
News categories: Broadcom, KT Corp, B.K.Jeon, Dan Marotta, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Powers World's First Android 4.0 Set-top Box with Google Mobile Services
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the successful integration of Google Mobile Services with Android ICS on the Samsung Electronics SMT-E5015 Smart TV set-top box (STB), based on the Broadcom® BCM7356 satellite STB system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: Broadcom, Samsung, Olleh TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Connected TVs and Smartphones Providing Polar Opposite Challenges for CDNs
Jan 3, 2012 – In the next five years CDNs are going to be faced with the challenge of delivering increasingly large volumes of OTT video. In 2011 Informa expects OTT video will account for 32.6 Exabytes (EB) of network traffic over fixed line broadband in Asia alone.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Asia Pacific TV market achieves twin milestones
Jul 7, 2010 – According to the latest figures from Informa Telecoms & Media, the Asia Pacific TV sector passed two significant milestones last month, with the region now exceeding 150 million digital TV homes while, at the same time, surpassing 10 million IPTV households.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Alticast Changes the Way People Watch TV at The Cable Show 2010
May 11, 2010 – Alticast has announced that they will be demonstrating multiple ETV and tru2way® solutions such as Twitter on TV, at The Cable Show (Booth #329) at the Los Angeles Convention Center May 11th-13th.
News categories: Alticast, Middleware
Global Telco TV Service Revenue To Total Nearly $17 Billion in 2010
Feb 10, 2010 – Despite the economic downturn, telco TV market growth was strong in 2009, according to ABI Research. Service revenue for the global telco TV market increased to nearly $12 billion in 2009 and will increase to nearly $17 billion by the end of 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, IPTV, Market Research
Intellon Surpasses 26M Shipment Milestone for HomePlug-based Powerline ICs
Feb 9, 2009 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has announced that it has now shipped over 26 million powerline communications integrated circuits (ICs) based on the HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug AV standards.
News categories: Intellon, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Real-time IPTV launches in Korea
Nov 17, 2008 – Korea Telecom (KT) [KRX:030200/NYSE:KTC] has began to provide real-time television as part of its 'Mega-TV' IPTV service, the day after receiving approval from the Korea Communications Commission (KCC).
News categories: Korea Communications Commission, KT, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Regulation
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020