Digital TV News: Liberty Global
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global completes sale of UPC Poland to Iliad
Apr 1, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the previously announced sale of UPC Poland to iliad S.A.’s Polish mobile subsidiary Play for an enterprise value of PLN 7.0 billion ($1.7 billion)
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
ANGA COM to return in May
Feb 14, 2022 – ANGA COM is to make a comeback on 10 to 12 May 2022 in Cologne. Gross exhibition space for the first 300 exhibitors is already more than 20,000 sqm with the total space of European and North American exhibitors already at the level of 2019.
News categories: ANGA COM, Dr. Peter Charissé, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
Telenet extends agreement with Liberty Global for Horizon 4 platform
Dec 20, 2021 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has announced a one-year extension of its agreement with Liberty Global Technology Services under which the Horizon 4 video platform and the related Horizon Go application is made available to the Telenet group.
News categories: Telenet, Liberty Global, Apps, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
Sep 22, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has reached a definitive agreement to sell its operations in Poland to iliad's Polish mobile subsidiary Play. UPC Poland has 1.4 million video subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Play, UPC Polska, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
Jul 29, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q2 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses were at 41,900 in the quarter. Liberty has received a non-binding offer from Iliad to acquire 100% of UPC Poland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
CMA gives regulatory approval for Virgin Media, O2 combination
May 20, 2021 – The UK’s Competition & Markets Authority (CMA) has announced its final approval of the 50:50 joint venture between Liberty Global and Telefonica to combine Virgin Media and O2. The transaction is now expected to close by June 1, 2021.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, José Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, UK
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion