Digital TV News: Light Reading
Over 50% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service
Apr 9, 2015 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service. The research firm reports that the average U.S. broadband household spends $9 per month on Internet video, up from $7 in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Motorola Mobility Simplifies Convergence With Connected Home Innovations at CES 2012
Jan 5, 2012 – At this year's CES, Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) is making the Smart Home simple -- with the introduction of the Connected Home Gateway. Key innovations from Motorola's Home division are also driving the evolution of television.
News categories: Motorola, CES2021, Gateway, Smart Home
Cisco to drop IPTV middleware in favour of Mediaroom?
Nov 12, 2010 – According to Light Reading, reporting from TelcoTV 2010, Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) is planning to move its ISDP (IPTV Services Delivery Platform) middleware customers to Microsoft Mediaroom (NASDAQ: MSFT).
News categories: Cisco Systems, Microsoft Mediaroom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Samsung to supply set-top boxes to Cablevision
Aug 19, 2010 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has selected Samsung (KRX:005930, 005935; LSE:SMSN, SMSD) as the first vendor to supply it with tru2way-based HD boxes outfitted with a new downloadable security platform, according to Light Reading Cable.
News categories: Samsung, Cablevision, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
AT&T set-top boxes move to Broadcom SoCs
Jun 15, 2010 – According to Light Reading, the next generation of AT&T (NYSE: T) U-Verse set-top boxes will use a system-on-a-chip (SoC) from Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) rather than one from Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) as currently.
News categories: AT&T, Broadcom, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
France's Multiplay Success Drives FTTH Interest
Oct 29, 2009 – By 2014, 50 percent of households in France will subscribe to a triple-play offer as operators invest in FTTH to stay competitive, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, Market Research
UK's Pay-TV Market Climbs to $8.2 Billion by 2014
Sep 16, 2009 – Pay-TV revenue in the U.K. will climb from $6.2 billion in 2009 to $8.2 billion by 2014 as IPTV grows at an impressive CAGR of 26 percent within the forecast period, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
Video Revenue in Italy's Telecom Market will Triple its Share by 2014
Jul 7, 2009 – In Italy's telecom market, video revenue will triple its share of total revenue by 2014, presenting a US$4.4 billion revenue opportunity for operators, according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Mobile, Subscribers
IPTV Rollouts in Asia/Pacific are not for Faint of Heart
Jun 30, 2009 – Despite the massive investments necessary in Asia/Pacific's IPTV market, both in technology and content procurement, telecom operators must invest to gain subscriber market share according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding