Digital TV News: Médiamétrie
Médiamétrie adds Molotov OTT to its TV audience ratings for France
Sep 14, 2017 – France’s audience measurement organisation Médiamétrie continues to enrich its 4-screen TV audience measurement, Focus Emission, with the inclusion of the performance of programmes on 14 channels available via the Molotov platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Molotov, Big Data, Digital TV, France, OTT
Médiamétrie releases Médiamat 2016 survey of TV in France
Jan 2, 2017 – Médiamétrie has released 2016 results from its Yearly Médiamat survey of the French television market. According to the survey, there are 57.974 million individuals with access to TV in the country.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
French SVOD usage up 25% in 8 months
Oct 14, 2016 – According to Médiamétrie's SVOD Barometer, 15% of French web users pay for Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services. This is a 25% increase compared to the previous barometer conducted eight months previously.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Médiamétrie releases France TV market survey
Jul 5, 2016 – Médiamétrie has released results from its Médiamat’Thématik survey of the French television market. According to the survey, out of a total of 58.249 million TV households in the country, 43.776 million (75.2%) receive their TV service via satellite, cable or over DSL.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
TV content on second screens continues to expand
Apr 3, 2016 – According to Eurodata TV, viewers are increasingly watching TV programmes on other screens. In Canada, 60% of 18 to 34 year olds watched a full TV programme online last month. In France, 6% of web users aged 15 and over are watching TV programmes online every day.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Sahar Baghery, Frédéric Vaulpré, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Number of pay TV operators in Europe falls 5.8% in 2013
Jul 16, 2014 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published the second volume of the 2013 edition of its Yearbook. In 2013, the pay-TV sector had 7,898 operators in 37 countries - a significant reduction in their number compared with 2009 (8,381, or -5.8%).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, André Lange, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Netgem makes the tablet the new truly portable TV within the connected home
Jul 6, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced its 'N Cloud' which enables operators to meet customer demand for access to all content, including live TV and VOD, from any connected device within the home. Monaco Telecom will be the first to deploy.
News categories: Netgem, Monaco Telecom, Apps, Digital TV, Home Server, IPTV, Middleware, Monaco, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
Almost 9 out of 10 TV households in France have digital
Feb 14, 2011 – According to GfK and Médiamétrie, at the end of 2010 almost 9 out of 10 TV households in France owned at least one digital television receiver (satellite, DSL, terrestrial or cable) - 8 million more than at the end of 2008.
News categories: Médiamétrie, GfK, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HD televisions in 55% of French Homes
Aug 3, 2010 – According to a study carried out by GfK and Médiamétrie, 15 million French homes were equiped with a high-definition (HD) television at the end of June 2010. This represents 55.5% of homes, up from 37.5% at the same point in 2009.
News categories: Médiamétrie, GfK, France, Market Research, Smart TV
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting