Digital TV News: MBC
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
Intigral launches Jawwy TV in Jordan
May 18, 2021 – Intigral has announced the release of its OTT platform Jawwy TV in the Jordanian market enabled through strategic partnerships with the nation’s leading telecommunications operators Zain, Orange and Umniah.
News categories: Intigral, Markus Golder, Digital TV, Jordan, OTT
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
VIVA partners with Intigral to introduce Jawwy TV Home STB in Kuwait
Nov 24, 2019 – VIVA has collaborated with Intigral to launch, via its agent NHE Group in Kuwait, a set-top box branded Jawwy TV HOME and available with VIVA's postpaid plans. Intigral is the developer and provider of Jawwy TV, an OTT service in the MENA region.
News categories: VIVA, Intigral, NHE Group, Jawwy TV, Haneen Al-Fulaij, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, IPTV, Kuwait, Set Top Box
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
Kaltura TV Platform enables packaging up of content for additional OTT providers
Sep 5, 2018 – Kaltura has unveiled its Kaltura Content as a Service solution which uses the Kaltura TV Platform as a hub for content management and distribution. Media companies can now select to distribute 'packaged' video and metadata to other OTT services to increase their content’s reach.
News categories: Kaltura, KOCOWA, Dr. Shay David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
ATEME reinforces partnership with MBC Group
Mar 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that it is reinforcing its partnership with MBC GROUP. Following a first successful deployment in 2017, ATEME now provides MBC GROUP with a complete H.264 and HEVC live headend for multi-screen services.
News categories: ATEME, MBC GROUP, Razik Zaghlouli, Nader Mokhtar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East
LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
Jan 10, 2018 – LG Electronics, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard, has confirmed that all LG 4K Ultra HD TVs now on the market in South Korea already incorporate ATSC 3.0 tuning circuitry.
News categories: LG Electronics, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.