Digital TV News: MEDIA&BROADCAST
MEDIA BROADCAST completes Germany upgrade to digital terrestrial television
Dec 10, 2008 – MEDIA BROADCAST has upgraded its terrestrial TV transmitter networks in Germany to DVB-T in les than 5 years between 2003 and 2008. The company thereby completed the digitization process two years earlier than determined by the German government.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
DVB-H now available in all Austrian regional capitals
Aug 8, 2008 – DVB-H has expanded its coverage in Austria to include the greater areas of Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Graz, Linz and St. Pölten. MEDIA BROADCAST has supplied the regions Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt with DVB-H since early June 2008.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, Hutchison 3G, ONE, mobilkom, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
KommAustria Awards Mobile TV Network Contract to MEDIA BROADCAST
Mar 6, 2008 – MEDIA BROADCAST has received approval from the Austrian regulatory authority KommAustria to establish and operate a national multiplex platform for mobile, terrestrial broadcasting in Austria.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, KommAustria, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation
Deutsche Telekom concludes an agreement with Télédiffusion de France on the acquisition of T-Systems Media&Broadcast GmbH
Nov 8, 2007 – Deutsche Telekom AG has concluded an agreement with the French TDF group on the sale of T-Systems Media&Broadcast GmbH.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Télédiffusion de France (TDF), Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, TV Services
Germany - Transmitter operators chosen to provide nationwide mobile broadcast services using the DVB-H standard
Oct 15, 2007 – The President's chamber of the Federal Network Agency has issued a decision on the allocation of nationwide DVB-H frequencies. The frequencies required for mobile broadcasting operations will be given to T-Systems Media&Broadcast.
News categories: T-Systems Media&Broadcast GmbH (TSMB), Bundesnetzagentur (Federal Network Agency), Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, TV Services
Nagravision Demonstrates World's First Fully Compliant OMA BCAST Smartcard Profile Solution Supporting both DVB SimulCrypt and ISMACryp
Sep 10, 2007 – Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company has announced that it is powering the T-Systems Media&Broadcast IBC DVB-H encryption showcase with the world's first fully compliant OMA BCAST smartcard profile solution to support both DVB SimulCrypt and ISMACryp.
News categories: Nagravision, Media&Broadcast, CAM, Content Protection, IBCShowcase, Mobile
Nagravision Provides OMA BCAST Service Protection For Mobile TV Showcase At The IFA In Berlin
Aug 31, 2007 – Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) company, has announced that a transport stream secured by the Nagravision OMA BCAST smartcard profile is available to handsets and mobile devices by T-Systems Media&Broadcast for the IFA show in Berlin.
News categories: CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IBCShowcase, IFA2020, Mobile
T-Systems runs initial mobile TV tests in the Netherlands
Jul 11, 2007 – The T-Systems business area Media&Broadcast has launched a test broadcaster for mobile TV in The Hague. For the first time, five TV stations will be available on cell phones in the Netherlands.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering