Digital TV News: MEO
Pay TV subscriptions in Portugal near 4 million at mid-2019
Sep 24, 2019 – According to Anacom, at the end of 1H 2019, there were around 4 million pay TV subscribers in Portugal, up 132,000 (+3.4%) over the same period of 2018. The growth was driven by fibre-based offerings, which were up 20.2%.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
Jun 19, 2019 – The SaT5G project has announced the operation of a number of successful demonstrations of 5G over satellite at the 2019 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2019) in Valencia, Spain.
News categories: SaT5G, Mike Fitch, Indran Sivarajah, 5G, Content Distribution, Satellite, Spain, Worldwide
SES-12 now operational over Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
Feb 26, 2019 – SES has announced that SES-12 is now ready to serve its video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. The satellite, which is designed with wide and high throughput beams, will join SES-8 at 95°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Ruy Pinto, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Fibre becomes leading way of accessing pay TV in Portugal
Nov 26, 2018 – According to Anacom, optical fibre (FTTH/B) became the principal means of accessing subscription television in Portugal in the first half of 2018, with 1.47 million subscribers, 38.2% of the total.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Pay TV subscribers in Portugal up 116,000 in 3Q 2017
Dec 18, 2017 – At the end of 3rd quarter 2017, there were around 3.8 million subscribers to the subscription television signal distribution services in Portugal, an increase of 33 thousand from the previous quarter and an increase of 116 thousand Y-o-Y.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
WeTek develops streaming service for children with TV4You
Nov 3, 2017 – At the next Web Summit in Lisbon, WeTek will unveil PlayTimeTV, a streaming service for children developed in partnership with the Portuguese content provider TV4You. The service is based on WeTek’s OVP platform - WeCast.
News categories: WeTek, TV4You, Hugo Condesa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Inside Secure announces successful fundraising of €16 million
Sep 11, 2017 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced the completion of fundraising in the amount of €16 million through the issuance of convertible bonds. The proceeds will enable the company to pursue its acquisition strategy related to software security.
News categories: Inside Secure, Amedeo D’Angel, Content Protection, Finance, Worldwide
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform