Digital TV News: MGM
NBA partners with Microsoft to create D2C platform
Apr 16, 2020 – The NBA and Microsoft have announced that Microsoft and NBA Digital are to create a platform on Microsoft Azure that will use machine learning and AI to deliver personalized game broadcasts and other content offerings direct to consumers.
News categories: Microsoft, National Basketball Association, Satya Nadella, Adam Silver, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
TiVo unveils 'TiVo Stream 4K' box with Sling TV built-in
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo Stream 4K, a streamer with live TV and Cloud DVR from the Sling TV app, plus leading content services. TiVo Stream 4K will launch with Sling TV as the preferred source for subscription TV.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Warren Schlichting, Tom Williams, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Over 20 million monthly active users for Tubi
Jun 24, 2019 – Tubi has announced record growth in the first half of 2019. The company has surpassed 20 million monthly active users (MAU), and customers watched over 94 million hours of content during May. In addition, Tubi had the single biggest month of revenue in the company’s history.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
IMDb TV triples content selection and plans European expansion
Jun 17, 2019 – IMDb has announced that its free streaming video channel, IMDb TV, has plans to triple its content selection through deals with Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM Studios and others. Additionally, IMDb TV will launch in Europe later this year.
News categories: IMDb, Mark Eamer, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
EPIX launches EPIX NOW streaming service
Feb 11, 2019 – EPIX, the premium TV network owned by Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), has announced the launch of EPIX NOW, a streaming service available through partner app stores, featuring its full library of critically acclaimed original programming and blockbuster movies.
News categories: EPIX, Michael Wright, Monty Sarhan, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MOBITV acquires streaming delivery rights from another 90 networks
Sep 20, 2018 – MOBITV has announcesd that it has secured hosted streaming delivery rights from another 90 networks including Bloomberg Television, Discovery, MGM HD, Newsmax, Outside TV, Smithsonian Channel, Stingray Music, Univision, and others, bringing its total to more than 350 networks.
News categories: MOBITV, Charlie Nooney, Scott Levine, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung announce updates to HDR10+
Jan 5, 2018 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced updates to the associated certification and logo program for the open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR), called HDR10+ which they announced last year at IFA.
News categories: Samsung, Panasonic, 20th Century Fox, Jongsuk Chu, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Danny Kaye, Jim Wuthrich, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil