Digital TV News: MTC
Roku announces JVC as newest Roku TV brand
Aug 29, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Shenzhen MTC has joined the Roku TV licensing program to build smart TVs under the JVC brand. MTC will use TV hardware reference designs and the Roku OS to create a line of JVC smart TVs.
News categories: Roku, JVC, MTC, Chas Smith, John Araki, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Evolution Digital deploys eVUE-TV with seven more NCTC members
Apr 19, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its fully-managed eVUE-TV IP Video on Demand Solution with seven additional member operators in the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC).
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Marc Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
MTC adopts SERAPHIC HTML5 browser for European TVs
Nov 11, 2016 – Shenzhen MTC has announced that it will adopt Sraf HTML5 browser, provided by SERAPHIC, to launch affordable smart TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Shenzhen MTC, Ye Wang, Kenneth Zhao, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Smart TV
More US cable operators testing 4K via SES satellites
Nov 9, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that four more US cable operators are testing 4K content delivery across SES’s Ultra HD platform, in advance of subscriber trials set to begin later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
US cable operators conducting UHD trials with SES
Jul 27, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that multiple US cable operators are testing Ultra HD (or 4K) content across its fully-managed Ultra HD platform and receiving HEVC 4K IP set top boxes in preparation for Ultra HD subscriber trials into US households later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Sjoberg, MTC Cable, Steve Corda, Richard Sjoberg, Glen Faulkner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010
Dec 13, 2010 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of Research In China's 'China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010' to their offering.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
MTC to supply set-top boxes to Brazil
Jun 23, 2010 – Shenzhen MTC (ShenZhen: 002429) has signed a purchase contract to supply Brazil's U-Tech with $937,500 worth of digital set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Shenzhen MTC, Brazil, Set Top Box
DMTV enlarges commercial Mobile TV services in four African countries
Jun 23, 2009 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing DMTV with a DVB-H solution in Ghana, Kenya, Namibia and Nigeria. The system will allow the operators to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience on multiple devices, including the latest Nokia phones.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria
MTC and Cidana to Bring Video Decoding SDK for LimePC™ Multimedia
Nov 12, 2008 – MTC, Cidana and Freescale have announced an SDK for optimized video decoding on Freescale's MPC5121e processor. MTC will use the development in its LimePC product for multimedia playback and CMMB broadcast receiving applications.
News categories: Cidana, MTC, Freescale, China, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Semiconductor
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India