Digital TV News: MYBOX
Integration of voice control into STBs key to market growth
May 5, 2020 – According to Technavio, the set-top box market is poised to grow by $4.19 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 3% during the period. The integration of voice control will offer immense growth opportunities.
News categories: Technavio, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
MYBOX taps Verimatrix for DVB cardless security
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that MYBOX has integrated its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB into its newest line of digital set-top boxes (STBs). The solution packages locally-manufactured STB hardware with advanced conditional access.
News categories: Verimatrix, MYBOX, Steve Oetegenn, Amit Kharabhanda, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics SoCs deployed by MyBox in Airtel Digital TV STB
Jan 21, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is celebrating the successful field deployment of satellite set-top boxes (STB) from MyBox – A Hero Electronix Venture for India’s Airtel Digital TV. MyBox’s Digital HD STBs are powered by ST’s STiH237 satellite SoC.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MyBox, Vivek Sharma, Amit Kharabanda, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
Jul 30, 2015 – The set-top box (STB) market in major South Asian countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) is witnessing steady and robust growth, as digitisation in India and other countries in the region is propelling the demand for STBs, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja Vn, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Airtel Digital TV launches 'Made in India' set-top-boxes
Jul 16, 2015 – Airtel Digital TV has announced the launch of its first indigenously manufactured set-top-boxes. The Made in India set-top-boxes will be available in HD to begin with and soon all Airtel Digital TV’s set-top-boxes will be manufactured in India.
News categories: Airtel, Shashi Arora, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
India's set-top box market CAGR to be 29.3% to 2015
Feb 24, 2014 – The introduction of HD channels and Smart TVs in India has led to an increase in digital TV viewing which in turn will hike the growth of the Set top box (STB) market according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Niju V, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data