Digital TV News: Macrovision
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
Macrovision Showcases Technology for the Evolution of the Digital Home at CES 2009
Jan 8, 2009 – During the International Consumer Electronics Show 2009, Macrovision (NASDAQ:MVSN) showcased its portfolio of CE technology including a new on-screen program guide and the capability to deliver digital content to Internet-connected televisions.
News categories: Macrovision, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
NXP Semiconductors and Pegatron introduce the world's first Hybrid DVB-T TV tuner card in half-minicard form factor
Nov 6, 2008 – NXP Semiconductors has announced that Pegatron has achieved the world's first Hybrid DVB-T TV tuner card in half the size of a minicard with the help of NXP's latest generation multistandard TDA18271 silicon tuner.
News categories: NXP, Pegatron, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
Macrovision Signs Tru2way™ Implementer's and OpenCable™ Contribution Agreements with CableLabs®
Sep 16, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that it has signed a tru2way™ Implementer's Agreement with CableLabs®. The agreement will permit the company to build products based on CableLabs' tru2way interactive cable architecture.
News categories: Macrovision, tru2way, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Macrovision Inks Extended Interactive Program Guide License Agreement with Sony
Aug 13, 2008 – Under the extended agreement between Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Sony (Tokyo:6758), an interactive program guide (IPG) will be incorporated into PlayTV™, a combined TV tuner and PVR for PLAYSTATION®3, due to be released later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Macrovision, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, Games Console, Middleware, Portable
Macrovision Strengthens Connected Platform Solution with Support for DLNA 1.5 Guidelines
Jul 29, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has launched the latest version of its Connected Platform with full support for Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Interoperability Guidelines version 1.5.
News categories: Macrovision, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ZyXEL Announces Industry's First ADSL2/2+ 802.11n Gateway and New IPTV Product Offerings
Jun 16, 2008 – ZyXEL has announced the availability of two new products - the P-660HNU series 802.11n ADSL2/2+ wireless gateway and the STB-1001 IPTV set-top box.
News categories: ZyXEL, Broadband, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
NXP Launches World's Smallest Single-chip Triple-mode PCTV Solution
Mar 6, 2008 – In a move to bring a high-quality anytime, anywhere TV viewing experience to ultra-mobile computers, NXP Semiconductors has launched the world's smallest single-chip PCTV solution - SAA7231 - that supports worldwide broadcast standards.
News categories: NXP, Content Protection, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers