Digital TV News: Magine
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MandA, Regulation, Switzerland
Magine relies on Limelight to stream content to users across Europe
Oct 24, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Magine is using Limelight’s CDN to deliver live and on-demand content to viewers in Europe. The CDN was chosen because of its scalability, reputation, competitive pricing and performance.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Magine, Nigel Burmeister, Klas Ahlin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Sappa launches TV Everywhere on Magine's streaming platform
May 16, 2017 – Sappa has become the first Swedish b2b customer to take advantage of Magine's end-to-end solution as Sappa launches a TV Everywhere service for households on its broadband and TV networks.
News categories: Magine, Sappa, Rahul Puri, Hasse Svensson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Magine clinches streaming deal in China
Aug 5, 2016 – Magine has agreed with a Beijing-based digital TV system integrator and operator to build, launch and operate an Internet-based video streaming system for the Chinese market. In parallel with this, Magine has established an office in Hong Kong.
News categories: Magine, Dr. Ambuj Goyal, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Magine to offer stand-alone pay TV packages in Germany
Feb 18, 2016 – Magine TV has announced that from Thursday 18th February 2016 it is to provide premium pay TV channels in Germany for the first time without any requirement to purchase any other content or service.
News categories: Magine TV, Ambuj Goyal, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Streaming
Pay TV operators to dominate market for online subscription TV
Sep 12, 2013 – According to Strategy Analytics, pay TV operators will dominate the market for online subscription TV, heralding the end of the first phase of online viewing which saw the rise of on-demand specialists such as Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution