Digital TV News: Magnum Semi
Magnum Semi announces DVR and Home Media Server Co-Processors
Apr 13, 2009 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced its DXT family of DVR and home media server co-processors. The DXT co-processors enable a host of novel timeshifting, place-shifting and device-shifting features in set-top box and home media server appliances.
News categories: Magnum Semi, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Magnum Semiconductor Announces Industry's First Family of Universal Media Processors with Superior Quality for all Broadcast Applications
Apr 2, 2009 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced its DXTPro family of multi-core media processors for multi-format, multi-resolution encoding, decoding and transcoding. The DXTPro provides a single platform for all segments of the broadcast chain.
News categories: Magnum Semi, ICs, Semiconductor
Magnum Semiconductor Dual-Channel Recorders Deliver Advanced PVR Features to 3 Â½ Million Set-Top Boxes
Apr 14, 2008 – At the NAB show, Magnum Semiconductor announced that more than 3Â½ million set-top boxes have shipped to date using Magnum's dual-channel encoder ICs.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Magnum Semiconductor Introduces New Dual-Channel Encoder IC for Set-Top Boxes
Apr 14, 2008 – At the National Association of Broadcasters show Magnum Semiconductor Corporation has announced the DM8803 Dual Channel MPEG-2 Encoder, targeted at set-top box (STB) and personal video recorder (PVR) applications.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Magnum Semiconductor launches new Multimedia-Rich Application Processor
Jan 7, 2008 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced the ZEVIO™ ZV1050 Multimedia Application Processor, the latest member of its ZEVIO line of System-on-Chip solutions for cost-effective and power sensitive applications in consumer entertainment and information applications.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet
Magnum Semiconductor Announces MS9410 Advanced DVD Codec
Jan 7, 2008 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced the MS9410 Advanced DVD Codec IC, the newest member of the MS94xx series of market-leading DVD encoder and consumer entertainment system controller chips.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, CES2022, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
Magnum Semiconductor Agrees To Acquire LSI Consumer Products Business
Jun 27, 2007 – LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) and Magnum Semiconductor, Inc. announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Magnum will acquire the LSI consumer products business in a transaction to be funded by private equity investment.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, LSI Corp, Digital TV, MandA, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet
Magnum Semi and Genesis Microchip Create Digital PVR-TV Platform
Jan 9, 2007 – In private suites at the Consumer Electronics Show, Magnum Semiconductor and Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq: GNSS) have begun demonstrating their jointly developed reference design for putting PVR features directly into new flat-panel TVs.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, Genesis Microchip, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers