Digital TV News: Magnum Semiconductor
Magnum Semi announces DVR and Home Media Server Co-Processors
Apr 13, 2009 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced its DXT family of DVR and home media server co-processors. The DXT co-processors enable a host of novel timeshifting, place-shifting and device-shifting features in set-top box and home media server appliances.
News categories: Magnum Semi, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Magnum Semiconductor Announces Industry's First Family of Universal Media Processors with Superior Quality for all Broadcast Applications
Apr 2, 2009 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced its DXTPro family of multi-core media processors for multi-format, multi-resolution encoding, decoding and transcoding. The DXTPro provides a single platform for all segments of the broadcast chain.
News categories: Magnum Semi, ICs, Semiconductor
Magnum Semiconductor Dual-Channel Recorders Deliver Advanced PVR Features to 3 Â½ Million Set-Top Boxes
Apr 14, 2008 – At the NAB show, Magnum Semiconductor announced that more than 3Â½ million set-top boxes have shipped to date using Magnum's dual-channel encoder ICs.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Magnum Semiconductor Introduces New Dual-Channel Encoder IC for Set-Top Boxes
Apr 14, 2008 – At the National Association of Broadcasters show Magnum Semiconductor Corporation has announced the DM8803 Dual Channel MPEG-2 Encoder, targeted at set-top box (STB) and personal video recorder (PVR) applications.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Magnum Semiconductor launches new Multimedia-Rich Application Processor
Jan 7, 2008 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced the ZEVIO™ ZV1050 Multimedia Application Processor, the latest member of its ZEVIO line of System-on-Chip solutions for cost-effective and power sensitive applications in consumer entertainment and information applications.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet
Magnum Semiconductor Announces MS9410 Advanced DVD Codec
Jan 7, 2008 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced the MS9410 Advanced DVD Codec IC, the newest member of the MS94xx series of market-leading DVD encoder and consumer entertainment system controller chips.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, CES2023, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
Magnum Semiconductor Agrees To Acquire LSI Consumer Products Business
Jun 27, 2007 – LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) and Magnum Semiconductor, Inc. announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Magnum will acquire the LSI consumer products business in a transaction to be funded by private equity investment.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, LSI Corp, Digital TV, MandA, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet
Magnum Semi and Genesis Microchip Create Digital PVR-TV Platform
Jan 9, 2007 – In private suites at the Consumer Electronics Show, Magnum Semiconductor and Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq: GNSS) have begun demonstrating their jointly developed reference design for putting PVR features directly into new flat-panel TVs.
News categories: Magnum Semiconductor, Genesis Microchip, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households