Digital TV News: Marvell
Swisscom selects Verimatrix security for TV 2.0 multiscreen offering
Sep 12, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Swisscom has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) to provide revenue security for its Swisscom TV 2.0 service, which offers live and seven-day replay services via an Android-powered set-top box.
News categories: Verimatrix, Swisscom, Volker Dietzel, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
iWedia software for Bouygues Telecom Android TV STB
Sep 11, 2014 – iWedia has announced that the Android TV STB (codenamed 'Miami') recently announced by French telco Bouygues Telecom is operated by iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 software based on its ANDROID4TV framework and APIs.
News categories: iWedia, Bouygues Telecom, Nikola Teslić, Pierre Schaller, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell adds 4K UltraHD SoC to ARMADA 1500 family
Sep 10, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that it has extended its ARMADA 1500 family of SoCs. The ARMADA 1500 PRO features an Ultra HD-capable video processor, 12K DMIPs quad-core ARM CPU, Verimatrix security and 3D graphics.
News categories: Marvell, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Swisscom deploys 802.11ac Android IPTV set-top powered by Marvell silicon
Apr 8, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its partnership with Swisscom to introduce the industry's first 802.11ac Android IPTV set-top box powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus (88DE3108) system-on-chip (SoC) platform.
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Volker Dietzel, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
IC Insights shows big changes in 2013 top 20 semi supplier ranking
Apr 1, 2014 – The top 20 worldwide semiconductor sales leaders for 2013 included nine suppliers headquartered in the U.S., three in Japan, three in Taiwan, three in Europe, and two in South Korea, a relatively broad representation of geographic regions, according to IC Insights.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Marvell joins forces with SK broadband to deploy IPTV STB with Google Services
Jan 15, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a collaboration with SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630), who have launched B TV Smart, an IPTV set-top-box with Google services for the Korean market. B TV Smart is powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus SoC.
News categories: Marvell, SK broadband, Winston Chen, In-Chan Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SFR launches Google Services STB powered by Marvell ARMADA 1500 Plus
Jan 14, 2014 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that SFR has launched its hybrid set-top box powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus (88DE3108) system-on-chip (SoC) platform.
News categories: Marvell, SFR, Weili Dai, Frank Cadoret, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Marvell launches quad-core ARMADA 1500 PRO Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has unveiled the ARMADA® 1500 PRO (88DE3114) a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, CES2022, Digital TV, DRM, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Marvell partners with Skyworth to introduce TV and STB with Google Services for Smart TV
Jan 7, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a partnership with Skyworth to deploy Smart TVs and set-top boxes with Google services for Smart TV. The offerings are powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus SoC platform.
News categories: Marvell, Skyworth, Weili Dai, Tangzhi Liu, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
- HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
- Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
- ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
- FuboTV paid subscribers at more than 1.1 million