Digital TV News: Media Partners Asia
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
TV advertising in Asia Pacific declined 15% in 2020
Jun 14, 2021 – Net advertising expenditure in Asia Pacific declined 4.3% Y/Y in 2020, according to Media Partners Asia (MPA). TV advertising faced further pressure in 2020 declining 15% Y/Y to US$43.3 billion.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
May 5, 2021 – At the Asia Video Industry Association's (AVIA) Future of Video India conference, industry leaders remained upbeat on the potential for growth despite a painful 2020 which had seen a 25% drop in TV advertising revenue.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Sunil Rayan, Megha Tata, Monika Shergill, Nimisha Pandey, Digital TV, India, Market Research
India, Korea & China to drive pay TV revenue growth in Asia Pacific
Apr 6, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) forecasts that Asia Pacific pay-TV revenues will grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2020 to 2025 to top $60 billion, driven largely by India, China and Korea. Most other markets will continue to contract.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
Viu top in streaming video monthly active users in SE Asia
Mar 11, 2021 – According to a report from AMPD Research, Viu ranks first in aggregate monthly active users amongst major premium video streaming platforms in SE Asia and second in paid subscribers and streaming minutes.
News categories: Viu, AMPD Research, Helen Sou, Anthony Dobson, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
Mar 1, 2021 – Korean, US and local content form the core of online video content consumption across Southeast Asia, according to Media Partners Asia. Korean content demand is strongest in Singapore and Indonesia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video to reach $55 billion by 2025
Jan 11, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has reported that the Asia Pacific online video industry grew revenue by 14% Y/Y in 2020 to reach US$30.5 billion. SVOD overtook AVOD to contribute 53% of total revenues; AVOD contributed 47%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil