Digital TV News: Media Partners Asia
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
MPA launches Asia Video Consumer Panel
Nov 3, 2016 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has launched the ASIA VIDEO CONSUMER PANEL, a research report offering detailed insights into how consumers engage, use and interact with video content in emerging and mature markets, focusing on TV and digital video platforms, including key regional and local OTT video operators.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, BDRC Continental, Aravind Venugopal, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming, Thailand, UX
Asia Pacific pay TV faces slowing growth
Jul 15, 2016 – The Asia-Pacific pay-TV industry will grow at a 5.8% average annual rate from 2016 to 2021, according to Media Partners Asia (MPA). MPA projects pay-TV industry sales in Asia Pacific to climb from US$54 billion in 2016 to US$72 billion by 2021.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
DishTV and ALi Corp partner for DTH in India
Apr 15, 2016 – ALi Corporation and DishTV India have joined forces in a strategic partnership. The partnership project is based on ALi's STB technology including security tailored specifically to the India market.
News categories: ALi Corp, DishTV India, Tony Chang, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NAGRA powers Hinduja Group NXT Digital 'HITS' platform
Oct 1, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its anyCAST content protection and OpenTV middleware are enabling the Hinduja Group’s NXT Digital 'HITS' platform which will provide backend operations to local and multi-system cable operators in India.
News categories: NAGRA, Hinduja Ventures, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Tony D’Silva, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite
IMTV launches with Nagra CAS in Indonesia
Sep 30, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Indonesia’s newest satellite television provider, IMTV (PT Indonesia Media Televisi), a Lippo Group company, has selected NAGRA’s conditional access technology to secure the content being delivered over their network.
News categories: NAGRA, IMTV, Felix Ali Chendra, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
IMTV selects ADB software for BIGTV satellite service in Indonesia
Sep 16, 2013 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that IMTV, the newest entrant in the Indonesian pay-TV market, has selected ADB’s software and services to support BIGTV, a premium direct-to-home (DTH) satellite service launched earlier this month.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, IMTV, Felix Ali Chendra, Peter Balchin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Mega Media Indonesia Partners with Irdeto to Launch 'Parabola Orange TV' DTH
Oct 27, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that PT Mega Media Indonesia, the country's newest player in direct-to-home (DTH) broadcast services, has selected Irdeto's conditional access (CA) solution to launch 'Parabola Orange TV' pay TV services.
News categories: Irdeto, PT Mega Media, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
NDS Reaches 20 Million Digital Homes in India
Oct 19, 2011 – NDS has announced that in the Indian pay-TV market its technology is providing an enhanced TV viewing experience in 20 million homes. With an estimated average of five people per household, NDS is enabling TV for 100 million viewers.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil