Digital TV News: Medianet
Medianet provides multi-screen IPTV in the Maldives with SmartLabs
Jul 12, 2021 – Medianet has chosen SmartLabs for its multi-screen, multi-network IPTV streaming offer in the Maldives. SmartLabs used Medianet’s existing hardware and migrated its previous offering to Android AOSP for set top boxes.
News categories: SmartLabs, Medianet, Gary Hamer, Ahmed Shafeeu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
Harmonic Powers End-to-End HD Digital Network in the Republic of Maldives
Jul 22, 2010 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its digital video processing and delivery solutions have been deployed by CableNET for the first high definition (HD) and near video-on-demand (nVOD) network in the Maldives.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Maldives CableNet, Cable TV, Content Distribution, The Maldives
Numericable Builds True HD 3-D Video-on-Demand Platform With Cisco
May 5, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that France-based cable service provider Numericable is building one of the world's first High-Definition (HD) 3-D video-on-demand (VOD) services based on the Cisco® Content Delivery System platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Numericable, Cable TV, Content Distribution, France, VR
Cisco and Service Providers Aim to Reinvent the TV Experience With Videoscape
Jan 5, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced the release of Cisco Videoscape®, a comprehensive TV platform for service providers that brings together digital TV and online content with social media and communications applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Intel Unveils 45nm System-on-Chip for Internet TV
Sep 24, 2009 – Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has unveiled the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, the newest System-on-Chip (SoC) in a family of media processors designed to bring Internet content and services to digital TVs, DVD players and advanced set-top boxes.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Cisco Advances the Connected Life at Home at ANGA Cable 2009: Helping Service Providers Become Experience Providers
May 13, 2009 – At ANGA Cable 2009, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is demonstrating new technologies and solutions that help enable Internet Protocol (IP) networks to become the intelligent platform for a new generation of video and rich-media applications and services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, ANGA COM, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service