Digital TV News: Medianet
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
Harmonic Powers End-to-End HD Digital Network in the Republic of Maldives
Jul 22, 2010 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its digital video processing and delivery solutions have been deployed by CableNET for the first high definition (HD) and near video-on-demand (nVOD) network in the Maldives.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Maldives CableNet, Cable TV, Content Distribution, The Maldives
Numericable Builds True HD 3-D Video-on-Demand Platform With Cisco
May 5, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that France-based cable service provider Numericable is building one of the world's first High-Definition (HD) 3-D video-on-demand (VOD) services based on the Cisco® Content Delivery System platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Numericable, Cable TV, Content Distribution, France, VR
Cisco and Service Providers Aim to Reinvent the TV Experience With Videoscape
Jan 5, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced the release of Cisco Videoscape®, a comprehensive TV platform for service providers that brings together digital TV and online content with social media and communications applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Intel Unveils 45nm System-on-Chip for Internet TV
Sep 24, 2009 – Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has unveiled the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, the newest System-on-Chip (SoC) in a family of media processors designed to bring Internet content and services to digital TVs, DVD players and advanced set-top boxes.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cisco Advances the Connected Life at Home at ANGA Cable 2009: Helping Service Providers Become Experience Providers
May 13, 2009 – At ANGA Cable 2009, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is demonstrating new technologies and solutions that help enable Internet Protocol (IP) networks to become the intelligent platform for a new generation of video and rich-media applications and services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, ANGA COM, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Fibre, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
i-CABLE Selects Cisco Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2009 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Hong Kong's i-CABLE Communications is deploying Cisco's highly secure set-top boxes and end-to-end video solution to resolve pirated viewing of its television services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, i-CABLE, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Set Top Box
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product