Digital TV News: Mediapro
SAPEC powers World Cup UHD broadcasting on DTT in Spain
Dec 19, 2022 – SAPEC solutions played a fundamental role in the contribution and distribution through DTT of the Qatar 2022 World Cup in Spain via the use of its Sivac-ONE media processing platform.
News categories: SAPEC, Mediapro, UHD Spain, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Emili Planas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain
TelevisaUnivision introduces ViX Spanish-language streaming service
Feb 16, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has unveiled ViX, a streaming service for the Spanish-speaking world. The service will include an AVOD product, ViX, launching on March 31, and an SVOD option, ViX+, set to launch in the second half of 2022.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Wade Davis, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
AsiaSat agrees 4K soccer distribution deal with MEDIAPRO for AsiaSat 9
Oct 2, 2018 – AsiaSat has announced an agreement with MEDIAPRO, a producer and distributor of audiovisual content, to deliver live 4K top tier soccer matches on AsiaSat 9, AsiaSat’s most powerful satellite serving the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, MEDIAPRO, Ina Lui, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Globecast selects Mediaproxy broadcast compliance and monitoring software
Nov 16, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Globecast has chosen its LogServer software solution for its London and Singapore facilities. Globecast helps customers to manage their content and make it available wherever required, by anyone required.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Globecast, Polar Graphics, Mark Horchler, Sylvain Merle, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
SNY chooses Mediaproxy for broadcast compliance and monitoring
Oct 13, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that New York sports broadcaster SNY has chosen its LogServer software solution for compliance logging and monitoring. SNY is New York’s sports broadcaster and television home of the New York Mets, Jets and UConn Men’s and Women’s basketball programs.
News categories: Mediaproxy, SNY, Harry Glass, Alex Blanding, QoE, USA
Mediaproxy provides compliance, monitoring and analysis for Kwesé TV
Oct 9, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Econet Media has chosen its unified broadcast compliance, monitoring and analysis solution for Kwesé TV. Mediaproxy software is enabling Kwesé TV to ensure delivery of its pay-TV service to consumers in Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, and Kenya.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Econet Media, Mark Horchler, David Alpert, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, QoE, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
Nov 23, 2015 – V-Nova has announced today that its PERSEUS technology was deployed by Mediapro’s Overon for visually lossless contribution of the November 21 'El Clásico' match between Real Madrid and Barcelona played at the Santiago Bernabau stadium in Madrid, Spain.
News categories: V-Nova, Mediapro, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
Spain's Gol TV adds 15,000 pay DTT subscribers in first 18 days
Sep 21, 2009 – GOL TELEVISION, Spain's first DTT subscription channel, has reached the figure of 665,000 subscribers. 18 days after the launch of broadcasts as a TDT Premium channel, more than 15,000 people have signed up to the pay-DTT version.
News categories: Mediapro, Gol Televisión, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial
SmarDTV Ships New Product in Spain to Support DTT Pay TV Services
Sep 11, 2009 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced the deployment of its SmarCAM-3 module. The module supports the launch of the 'TDT Premium' pay DTT service operated by Spain's Abertis Telecom (Madrid: ABE.MC).
News categories: SmarDTV, Abertis Telecom, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Spain, Terrestrial
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update