Digital TV News: Mediaset Premium
Mediaset Subsidiary RTI Chooses Irdeto ActiveCloak™ for Media to Secure and Deliver Content to iOS Devices
Jun 6, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Mediaset subsidiary RTI has chosen Irdeto ActiveCloak™ for Media to secure VoD and live streaming content through its Premium Play application for iOS devices, in particular iPads and iPhones.
News categories: Irdeto, Mediaset, Content Protection, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Pay-TV Operators Turning To Nagra To Secure Over-The-Top Services
Apr 7, 2011 – Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Mediaset (Borsa Italiana: MS), Italy's leading pay-TV provider and current Nagra customer, is the latest European operator to utilize Nagra to securely deliver over-the-top video-on-demand services to its subscribers.
News categories: Nagra, Mediaset, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Italy, NABShow, OTT
Mediaset launches 'Premium Net TV' OTT service
Feb 22, 2011 – On February 23, Mediaset (Borsa Italiana: MS) launches 'Premium Net TV', a non-linear 'over-the-top' broadband TV system for Italy.
News categories: Mediaset, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
SmarDTV Launches SmarCAM-3 Italia HD Conditional Access Module For Italy HD Services
Sep 10, 2010 – SmarDTV (SIX: KUD.S) has announced the availability of a new HD CAM for Italy. SmarCAM-3 Italia HD offers TV subscribers the ability to watch their high definition programs directly on their HDTV sets without the use of an external set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, CAM, Content Protection, IBC, Italy, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers a mid-period business update
Oct 29, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has provided an update on the development of its business. The demand from cable and satellite segments remains strong, with the demand from terrestrial segment picking up and IPTV starting to follow.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cable TV, DVR, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ADB launches Mediaset Premium capable HD DTT STB in Italy
Oct 1, 2009 – ADB (SIX:ADBN) has announced the launch of its first high definition interactive digital terrestrial (DTT) set-top box for the Italian retail market that will also allow Italian football fans to watch Serie A in high definition.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Mediaset Premium, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBC, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
Mediaset: approval for the results of the first 9 months of 2008
Nov 11, 2008 – The Board of Directors of Mediaset (Italy: MS) has approved the company's quarterly report. On 30 September, active Mediaset Premium cards totalled around 2.5 million, compared with around 1.6 million in the first nine months of 2007.
News categories: Mediaset, CAM, Italy, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Samsung and SmarDTV bring pay-TV services to Italian televisions
Jul 3, 2008 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD) has announced that Samsung will offer SmarCAM Italia together with its TV sets in Italy. SmarCAM Italia allows TV viewers who have purchased credit to watch programs directly on their TV sets without the use of an external set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, Samsung, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026