Digital TV News: Mediavision
TV market in Sweden to achieve record turnover in 2017
May 5, 2017 – In its yearly analysis of the Swedish TV market, Mediavision has found that digital growth is very strong, coupled with a strong demand for traditional TV advertising, despite a successive decline in linear viewing.
News categories: Mediavision, Digital TV, Market Research, Sweden
IPTV taking share in a mature Nordics pay TV market
Sep 14, 2016 – IPTV in the Nordics is continuously growing 8in terms of subscribers. In the second quarter of 2016, the top telecom operators added a net of nearly 210,000 IPTV subscriptions, compensating for subscription losses on all other platforms.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, IPTV, Market Research, Norway, Satellite, Sweden, Terrestrial
Swedish TV industry undergoing a major transformation
May 25, 2016 – The Swedish TV industry is undergoing a major transformation. The viewing is shifting from traditional broadcast to online and the revenues from online services are taking substantial shares of the overall market, according to Mediavision.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Sweden
Online video viewing reaches new highs in Sweden
Jan 29, 2016 – Online video streaming is growing rapidly in Sweden and a new all-time high in viewing was recorded for the fourth quarter of 2015. On average, Swedes watched 36 minutes per day of streamed online video during the period.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
Strong position for Netflix in the Nordics
May 15, 2014 – Watching TV over the internet, web TV, is growing rapidly in the Nordics. More than 6 million people in the Nordics use some kind of web TV service daily and more and more use paid services – especially Netflix.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system