Digital TV News: Microsoft Silverlight
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2022, Media Player, Streaming
Microsoft and Netflix Enhance Movie and TV Watching on the PC
May 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that more than 12,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) are now available to watch instantly on the PC using Windows Media Center on PCs with Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate.
News categories: Windows Media, Netflix, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming
GridNetworks and Widevine Partner to Secure Premium Content Delivery
Feb 24, 2009 – GridNetworks has partnered with Widevine to secure content delivered via GridCast TV. The partnership combines Widevine's DRM with the GridCast TV service, which has a reach of over 40 million viewers through the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
News categories: Widevine, GridNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, Streaming
Sky Player TV Uses Microsoft Silverlight and PlayReady Technology
Dec 4, 2008 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and BSkyB (LSE:BSY) have announced that Microsoft Silverlight and PlayReady technologies are enabling Sky Player TV, Sky's new online TV service.
News categories: BSkyB, Microsoft, Digital TV, Ireland, Media Player, Streaming, UK
Microsoft Delivers Silverlight 1.0, Extends Support to Linux
Sep 4, 2007 – Microsoft has released to the Web (RTW) Silverlight™ 1.0, a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering richer user experiences on the Web.
News categories: Microsoft, Novell, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Streaming
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV