Digital TV News: Mitsubishi Electric
CEA forms '4K' Working Group
Jun 7, 2012 – The CEA has announced the formation of a '4K' Working Group, a forum for manufacturers, retailers and content providers to define 4K technology, discuss 4K content options, and educate consumers about the newest era in HDTV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Mitsubishi STBs Power KDDI On-Demand TV Service Using Espial TV Browser
Mar 15, 2012 – Espial has announced that KDDI (Tokyo:9433) will use the Mitsubishi Electric (Tokyo:6503) ST1100R set-top box and Espial TV Browser, with its HTML5 capabilities, to provide the user experience for a wide range of video-on-demand and IPTV services.
News categories: Espial, Mitsubishi Electric, KDDI, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Patent, VR
Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and XPAND 3D Join Forces in 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'
Aug 8, 2011 – The 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' will work on the development and licensing of radio frequency (RF) system 3D active glasses technology, including system protocols between consumer 3D active glasses and 3D displays.
News categories: Panasonic, Samsung, XPAND, Sony Corp, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
M-3DI Standard to Create Compatibility among 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and 3D Cinemas
Mar 28, 2011 – Panasonic and XPAND 3D have announced that they have formulated M-3DI, a new standard for 3D active-shutter eyewear products that will bring about compatibility among 3D TVs, computers, home projectors and cinema projection.
News categories: M-3DI, Panasonic, XPAND 3D, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
ATSC Publishes Interim Report On 3DTV
Mar 23, 2011 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has announced the publication of an Interim Report on 3D Digital Television and issued a formal request for input from the industry.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Digital TV, USA, VR
Blu-ray Patent Licensing Program Announced by Four Companies
Mar 7, 2010 – The BD4C Licensing Group has announced that it has commenced a licensing program beginning on March 1, 2010 for Blu-ray (BD) and DVD patents essential for BD Products including BD Products that incorporate DVD functionality.
News categories: Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Licensing, Optical Disc Recorder, Patent
NEC Electronics Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter Ended September 30, 2009
Oct 28, 2009 – NEC Electronics (TSE: 6723) has released results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. Although sales of the company's 'EMMA' series, especially for blu-ray, increased, semiconductors for game consoles and home appliances declined year-on-year.
News categories: NEC Electronics, Blu-ray, Gaming, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NEC Electronics and Renesas Reach Agreement on Business Integration
Sep 16, 2009 – NEC Electronics (TSE:6723), Renesas, NEC Corp (TSE:6701), Hitachi (TSE:6501; NYSE:HIT) and Mitsubishi (TSE:6503) have signed an agreement to integrate business operations at NEC Electronics and Renesas with NEC Electronics being the surviving entity.
News categories: NEC Electronics, Renesas, MnA, Semiconductor
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5