Digital TV News: Modern Times Group
MTG Launches Viasat 3D
Dec 16, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGB, MTGA) has announced that Viasat Broadcasting is the first Scandinavian pay-TV operator to launch a 3D TV service. Viasat 3D is now available to satellite subscribers through Viasat's digital OnDemand set-top box.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Denmark, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, VR
MTG Makes OnDemand Pay-TV Offering Available on Internet Enabled Televisions
Nov 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has entered into a cooperation with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) in the Nordic region. Viasat is making its Viasat OnDemand internet pay-TV services available directly on all LG TV sets enabled with NetCast functionality.
News categories: MTG, LG Electronics, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
MTG Acquires 50% of Russian DTH Satellite Pay-TV Platform
Feb 8, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGA; STO:MTGB) has announced that it has acquired 50% of Raduga Holdings from Continental Media. Raduga is the sole owner of LCC DaoGeoCom, which operates Russian nationwide DTH satellite pay-TV platform Raduga TV.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Raduga, MnA, Russia, Satellite
Pace set to launch Viasat's next-generation Hybrid HD PVR
Sep 8, 2009 – Viasat Broadcasting (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has once again chosen long-term set-top box partner Pace plc (LSE:PIC) to launch a second generation high definition (HD) personal video recorder (PVR) with built-in hybrid functionality.
News categories: Pace plc, Modern Times Group, Baltics, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Sweden
Pace to launch new HD set-top box to Viasat across Scandinavia
Jun 8, 2009 – Viasat (OMX: MTGA, MTGB), the largest free-and pay-TV operator in Scandinavia and the Baltic States, has chosen to work with its long-term set-top box partner, Pace plc (LSE:PIC), to launch its next generation high definition (HD) receiver.
News categories: Pace plc, Modern Times Group, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Viasat Selects NDS Progressive Download Technology for HD VOD
Mar 24, 2009 – NDS has announced that Viasat (OMX Nordic: MTGA, MTGB) has extended its long-standing relationship with NDS with the addition of NDS' Progressive Download (PDL) technology to the ViasatPlusHD hybrid DVR.
News categories: NDS Group, MTG/Viasat Broadcasting, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, Ukraine
Norway picks DMB for mobile TV
Aug 18, 2008 – The three biggest broadcasters in Norway, NRK, TV 2 and MTG, have set up their own company in order to launch mobile TV via DMB this winter.
News categories: NRK, MTG, TV 2, Digital TV, Mobile, Norway, Portable
Viasat Extends and Broadens Partnership with NDS to Embrace Suite of Solutions for High Definition TV
Feb 5, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) and Viasat have inked a new agreement whereby NDS is to commence supplying Viasat with market-leading MediaHighway® middleware, XTV® DVR technology, and a customized EPG to secure and power its new HD pay TV service.
News categories: NDS Group, Modern Times Group, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Pace chosen by Viasat to launch HD PVR in the Nordic Countries
Jan 16, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has been selected by Modern Times Group's Viasat Broadcasting, the leading digital satellite pay-TV broadcaster in Scandinavia and the Baltic states, to be the launch partner for its high definition PVR service.
News categories: Pace Micro, Modern Times Group, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0