Digital TV News: Modern Times Group
MTG Launches Viasat 3D
Dec 16, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGB, MTGA) has announced that Viasat Broadcasting is the first Scandinavian pay-TV operator to launch a 3D TV service. Viasat 3D is now available to satellite subscribers through Viasat's digital OnDemand set-top box.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Denmark, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, VR
MTG Makes OnDemand Pay-TV Offering Available on Internet Enabled Televisions
Nov 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has entered into a cooperation with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) in the Nordic region. Viasat is making its Viasat OnDemand internet pay-TV services available directly on all LG TV sets enabled with NetCast functionality.
News categories: MTG, LG Electronics, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
MTG Acquires 50% of Russian DTH Satellite Pay-TV Platform
Feb 8, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGA; STO:MTGB) has announced that it has acquired 50% of Raduga Holdings from Continental Media. Raduga is the sole owner of LCC DaoGeoCom, which operates Russian nationwide DTH satellite pay-TV platform Raduga TV.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Raduga, MandA, Russia, Satellite
Pace set to launch Viasat's next-generation Hybrid HD PVR
Sep 8, 2009 – Viasat Broadcasting (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has once again chosen long-term set-top box partner Pace plc (LSE:PIC) to launch a second generation high definition (HD) personal video recorder (PVR) with built-in hybrid functionality.
News categories: Pace plc, Modern Times Group, Baltics, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Sweden
Pace to launch new HD set-top box to Viasat across Scandinavia
Jun 8, 2009 – Viasat (OMX: MTGA, MTGB), the largest free-and pay-TV operator in Scandinavia and the Baltic States, has chosen to work with its long-term set-top box partner, Pace plc (LSE:PIC), to launch its next generation high definition (HD) receiver.
News categories: Pace plc, Modern Times Group, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Viasat Selects NDS Progressive Download Technology for HD VOD
Mar 24, 2009 – NDS has announced that Viasat (OMX Nordic: MTGA, MTGB) has extended its long-standing relationship with NDS with the addition of NDS' Progressive Download (PDL) technology to the ViasatPlusHD hybrid DVR.
News categories: NDS Group, MTG/Viasat Broadcasting, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, Ukraine
Norway picks DMB for mobile TV
Aug 18, 2008 – The three biggest broadcasters in Norway, NRK, TV 2 and MTG, have set up their own company in order to launch mobile TV via DMB this winter.
News categories: NRK, MTG, TV 2, Digital TV, Mobile, Norway, Portable
Viasat Extends and Broadens Partnership with NDS to Embrace Suite of Solutions for High Definition TV
Feb 5, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) and Viasat have inked a new agreement whereby NDS is to commence supplying Viasat with market-leading MediaHighway® middleware, XTV® DVR technology, and a customized EPG to secure and power its new HD pay TV service.
News categories: NDS Group, Modern Times Group, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Pace chosen by Viasat to launch HD PVR in the Nordic Countries
Jan 16, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has been selected by Modern Times Group's Viasat Broadcasting, the leading digital satellite pay-TV broadcaster in Scandinavia and the Baltic states, to be the launch partner for its high definition PVR service.
News categories: Pace Micro, Modern Times Group, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0