Digital TV News: Motorola
Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
Oct 27, 2014 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced its Fire TV Stick, a small stick that connects to the HDMI port of an HDTV for instant access to movies, TV shows, music, photos, apps, and games. Fire TV Stick is $39 and is available for pre-order.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Apps, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Three River selects Entone Hybrid CATV solution
Jul 29, 2014 – Entone has announced that Three River Telco has selected its Hybrid CATV solution to power their Pay TV service. Three River offers voice, video, and broadband services in Northern Nebraska over their HFC network.
News categories: Entone, Three River, Neil Classen, Bill Hughes, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
Oct 31, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers report. There are real STB unit shipment declines occurring in America and Europe that won’t be offset by growth in Asia Pacific and Latin America until 2014.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Set-Top Box market to achieve record shipments in 2013
Jul 12, 2013 – Despite the pay-TV industry's increasing focus on delivering services to alternative devices like PCs, smartphones and tablets, its traditional flagship platform, the set-top box, continues to thrive with market shipments set to hit record highs in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
EPGs and metadata a bright spot in TV Middleware market
Jul 9, 2013 – The traditional TV middleware market, which was relatively flat between 2010 and 2011, grew 11% through 2012 to reach $1.13 billion, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware
Cable set-top boxes buck usual Q1 lull
Jul 1, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report. The global set-top box market totaled $4.4 billion in 1Q13, a decline of 5% from 4Q12.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
Jun 13, 2013 – Polish cable TV operator Vectra has announced the availability of the new HD set-top box produced by Motorola. Up until now, Vectra's HD boxes have been supplied by Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB).
News categories: Vectra, Motorola, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK