Digital TV News: Mtel
Magyar Telekom adds 12,935 TV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 10, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-June 2021. The company added 11,764 TV subscribers in Hungary and 1,171 in North Macedonia in the second quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
m:tel takes 100% control of Telrad Net
Feb 15, 2019 – Following a strategic plan that includes the acquisition of cable operators, Mtel has become the 100% owner of Telrad Net. Telrad Net is a telecommunications companyy in Bosnia and Herzegovina with services that include cable TV.
News categories: m:tel, Telrad Net, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Magyar Telekom converts analogue cable customers to DVB-C
Jan 29, 2016 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) is to move its analogue cable TV service to digital in several regions including Budapest and Marcali. The company will provide converter boxes free of charge where required.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Set Top Box
Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
Sep 25, 2014 – Bulgaria's Mtel has launched direct-to-home satellite television broadcasting. The telco is offering up to 150 TV channels with more than 20 in HD. There are three different subscription packages with HD channels available in all packages.
News categories: Mtel, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
ZTE Delivers New IPTV Experience to Mtel Customers in Bulgaria
Mar 4, 2013 – ZTE (Hong Kong:0763.HK Shenzhen: 000063.SZ) has announced that it is providing its IPTV solution to Mobitel (Mtel). Mtel's IPTV platform is now in commercial use delivering television services to TVs, PCs, tablets and mobile phones across Bulgaria.
News categories: ZTE, Mobitel, Telekom Austria, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
250,000 interactive TV subscribers for Magyar Telekom
Apr 3, 2012 – Following a dramatic increase in the past period, the number of T-Home Hungary (Reuters: MTEL.BU and Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) customers subscribing to interactive TV services has exceeded 250 thousand.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Interware launches triple-play in Hungary
Sep 18, 2009 – Hungary's alternative telecommunications company Interware has begun to offer packages of digital television, broadband and telephony. The service is provided over ADSL and consists of up to 80 TV channels - including five in high-definition (HD).
News categories: Interware, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV
Magyar Telekom cable subscribers down 7k, satellite up 41k and IPTV up 7k in 2Q09
Aug 6, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE: MTA, BSE: MTEL, MTELEKOM HB) has reported results for the first half of 2009. The total number of TV customers was close to 546,000 by the end of June with growth mostly driven by the newly launched satellite TV service.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, T-Home, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom Sat TV reaches 47k subs; IPTV at 60k
May 7, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE: MTA)(Budapest: MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first quarter of 2009. In Hungary, T-Home Sat TV customers reached 47,144 at March 31, 2009. IPTV grew significantly in Hungary, Macedonia and Montenegro.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor