Digital TV News: Multichoice Africa
MultiChoice lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Feb 27, 2019 – MultiChoice Group Limited (MCG) has listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The listed MCG includes MultiChoice South Africa (MCSA), MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH), Showmax, as well Irdeto, and all their subsidiaries and affiliates.
News categories: MultiChoice, Naspers, Irdeto, Calvo Mawela, Bob van Dijk, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite, South Africa, Streaming, Worldwide
Naspers to separately list and unbundle its Video Entertainment business
Sep 17, 2018 – Naspers has announced its intention to list its Video Entertainment business separately on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. The new company will be named MultiChoice Group and will include MultiChoice South Africa, MultiChoice Africa, Showmax Africa, and Irdeto.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Bob van Dijk, Imtiaz Patel, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, South Africa, Worldwide
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
MultiChoice Africa extends DTH contract with Eutelsat
Jul 30, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and MultiChoice Africa have inked an agreement that will ensure the continuing expansion of the DStv pay-TV platform. The contract also further anchors Eutelsat’s sub-Saharan Africa neighbourhood at 36°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Michel de Rosen, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Content Distribution, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
GOtv DVB-T2 DTT launches in Namibia
Jul 5, 2012 – GOtv, a product of MultiChoice Africa, has launched in Namibia. Using DVB-T2 technology, the service initially features 16 TV channels.
News categories: Multichoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Namibia, Terrestrial
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
MultiChoice Africa Implements Irdeto Solution to Enable Access to On-Demand Content on Set Top Boxes, PCs and Mobile Devices
Sep 9, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced that MultiChoice Africa has implemented Irdeto's Broadband Solution to provide customers of its flagship platform, DStv, with easier, more flexible access to video content.
News categories: Irdeto, MultiChoice, Africa, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box
MultiChoice and Pace bring new digital TV options to Africa
Sep 7, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by MultiChoice Africa to support MultiChoice's launch of its GOtv offering, which is bringing digital TV services to terrestrial subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools