Digital TV News: My TV
TStv Africa acquires MYTV
Aug 12, 2021 – TStv has reached an agreement with Strong Technology for the migration of MYTV customers on SRT 497S-HEVC decoders to TStv Africa. MY TV will cease broadcasting on September 1, 2021.
News categories: TStv Africa, Strong Technology, My TV Africa, Dr. Bright Echefu, Digital TV, MandA, Nigeria, Satellite, Set Top Box
BT rolls out new UI with BT TV Box Pro launch
Jun 4, 2021 – BT has unveiled the BT TV Box Pro, its most advanced set-top box. The box features 4K HDR viewing, Dolby Atmos and a new user interface giving customers more intuitive control.
News categories: BT TV, Chandru Lakshminarayanan, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Eutelsat satellite market leader in Nigeria, Cameroon and Ivory Coast
Nov 13, 2018 – A study of TV reception in Nigeria, Cameroon and Ivory Coast, has positioned Eutelsat as satellite market leader within those countries. Interviews were conducted with 3,000 households in Nigeria, 2,000 in Cameroon and 2,000 in Ivory Coast.
News categories: Eutelsat, Nicolas Baravalle, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite
Viaplay voice control on board for Scandinavian launch of Google Home
Oct 9, 2018 – NENT Group has announced that its Viaplay streaming service will be compatible with Google Home and Google Home Mini when they arrive in stores across Scandinavia on 24 October. Users will be able to control Viaplay on a Chromecast or Android TV using voice commands in Danish, Norwegian or Swedish.
News categories: NENT Group, Kaj af Kleen, Alexander Bastin, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Smart Home, Streaming, Sweden, UX
Netflix now on NOW TV streaming devices
Sep 26, 2018 – The Netflix app has launched on NOW TV streaming devices. As well as adding Netflix to the wide range of apps already available, NOW TV has also revealed the launch of its most powerful ever streaming device – the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search.
News categories: NOW TV, Netflix, Gidon Katz, Digital TV
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Sixty integrates Ease TV with Huawei Envision
Sep 7, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has integrated its Ease TV user interface framework with Huawei Envision. Ease TV uses the Huawei Envision Open API to provide a powerful and flexible hybrid video solution for operator customers.
News categories: Sixty, Huawei, Kjetil Horneland, Martin Chen, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, UX
Eutelsat selected for EG SAT DTH in Equatorial Guinea
Sep 14, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a multiyear contract with United Business Machines EG (UBM) in Equatorial Guinea. The contract covers lease of capacity on EUTELSAT 16A to broadcast the new EG SAT pay-TV service.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Enrique Ngua Obiang Shaw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, IBC2022, Satellite
Zambian pay TV revenues to rise with advent of new DTT bouquet
Jul 24, 2015 – The Zambian Pay-TV market saw subscriber revenues total approximately $21.13 million in 2014, growing in value by 121% since 2008. Dataxis forecasts that revenues will grow to $53.26 million by end-2018 with DTT taking an increasing proportion of the total.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Zambia
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers