Digital TV News: NAB Show
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
Mar 29, 2023 – Net Insight and Skyline have announced a solution for live video that simplifies the planning of work orders, automates link provisioning, and secures media transport, both on-premises and in the cloud.
News categories: Net Insight, Skyline, Christer Bohm, Steven Soenens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
Mar 29, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that VertiCast Media Group's CSport is using Harmonic's VOS®360 video SaaS platform for media processing and delivery in 26 Caribbean countries.
News categories: Harmonic, VertiCast, Gil Rudge, Oral Swaby, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming
M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
Mar 27, 2023 – M2A Media is to launch its encoder-based ad manipulation (EBAM) at the 2023 NAB Show. EBAM handles SCTE-35 and SCTE-224 messaging to insert advertising at the encoder side of a live video workflow.
News categories: M2A Media, Matt Hughes, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Pearl TV program to accelerate development of NEXTGEN TV dongles
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has developed a FastTrack program to accelerate development and retail availability of low-cost upgrade accessory receivers, for the 91% of U.S. households that have displays with an HDMI input, but are not equipped with NEXTGEN TV technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Rob Folliard, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Pearl TV adds digital monetization capabilities to NEXTGEN TV
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced expanded support for digital video advertising technology in its Web TV platform, RUN3TV, bringing digital advertising capabilities equivalent to the web and connected TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Anne Schelle, Robert Folliard, Adam Helfgott, Advertising, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
BitRouter ATSC3pak for Android to power ZapperBox M1 4K OTA receiver
Apr 24, 2022 – BitRouter has announced that its ATSC3pak for Android decoding software will power the ZapperBox M1 converter box. ATSC3pak includes BitRouter's implementation of ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0, which is available for both Android and Linux.
News categories: BitRouter, ZapperBox, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV