Digital TV News: NAGRA
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV
OBS teams up with Nagra and Broadcom
Sep 9, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS), in cooperation with Nagra and Broadcom, has extended the DVB in Android integration required to support Nagra conditional access. The integration is done using Android’s MediaCas framework.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Nagra, Broadcom, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Tor Helge Kristiansen, Paul Cox, Phil Evans, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Synaptics, Skyworth to offer turnkey Android TV streaming for pay TV operators
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) and Skyworth are partnering in the development of a turnkey platform, in hybrid, OTT and IPTV flavors, designed to enable TV service providers to deploy Pay TV services for the rapidly expanding Android TV market.
News categories: Synaptics, Skyworth, Saleel Awsare, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless CAM in Romania and Hungary
Sep 4, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that cable and satellite operator DIGI | RCS & RDS has deployed NAGRA cardless content protection technology in a conditional access module (CAM) by SmarDTV in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: NAGRA, RCS & RDS, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Valentin Popoviciu, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite
SmarDTV offers NAGRA NexGuard watermarking for CI Plus modules
Sep 3, 2019 – SmarDTV Global, in collaboration with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), has announced a watermarking solution available on Conditional Access Modules (CAM). The combined solution provides the highest degree of assurance to content owners.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Hervé Mathieu, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
Aug 22, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has released the key findings of the Latin American edition of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report explores the key trends and developments affecting the region, as well as the challenges and opportunities.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals U.S. key findings
Aug 6, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with MTM, has released the key findings of the U.S. edition of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report explores a wide range of themes and issues, from the future of the U.S. pay-TV market to the opportunities in next-generation aggregation.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
Jul 17, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has published 'The Global Market for Premium Sports OTT Services,' a special report on the growth of sports OTT services around the world and its impact on traditional pay-TV service providers.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware