Digital TV News: NAGRA
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Smart TV
OBS teams up with Nagra and Broadcom
Sep 9, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS), in cooperation with Nagra and Broadcom, has extended the DVB in Android integration required to support Nagra conditional access. The integration is done using Android’s MediaCas framework.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Nagra, Broadcom, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Tor Helge Kristiansen, Paul Cox, Phil Evans, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Synaptics, Skyworth to offer turnkey Android TV streaming for pay TV operators
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) and Skyworth are partnering in the development of a turnkey platform, in hybrid, OTT and IPTV flavors, designed to enable TV service providers to deploy Pay TV services for the rapidly expanding Android TV market.
News categories: Synaptics, Skyworth, Saleel Awsare, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless CAM in Romania and Hungary
Sep 4, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that cable and satellite operator DIGI | RCS & RDS has deployed NAGRA cardless content protection technology in a conditional access module (CAM) by SmarDTV in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: NAGRA, RCS & RDS, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Valentin Popoviciu, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite
SmarDTV offers NAGRA NexGuard watermarking for CI Plus modules
Sep 3, 2019 – SmarDTV Global, in collaboration with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), has announced a watermarking solution available on Conditional Access Modules (CAM). The combined solution provides the highest degree of assurance to content owners.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Hervé Mathieu, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Watermarking, Worldwide
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
Aug 22, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has released the key findings of the Latin American edition of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report explores the key trends and developments affecting the region, as well as the challenges and opportunities.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals U.S. key findings
Aug 6, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with MTM, has released the key findings of the U.S. edition of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report explores a wide range of themes and issues, from the future of the U.S. pay-TV market to the opportunities in next-generation aggregation.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
Jul 17, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has published 'The Global Market for Premium Sports OTT Services,' a special report on the growth of sports OTT services around the world and its impact on traditional pay-TV service providers.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0