Digital TV News: NC+
4K set-top box with ADB technology driving the nc+ offer
Nov 10, 2017 – nc+ has made available a 4K set-top box powered by software from ADB. With the box, Polish satellite TV subscribers for the first time will be able to watch content in UHD including live channels, VOD movies and internet services.
News categories: ADB, nc+, Jacek Galik, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor becomes Frog by Wyplay Community Member
May 16, 2017 – Wyplay has announced that Technicolor has become a Frog by Wyplay licensee. Technicolor has integrated Wyplay’s open source middleware in CPE offerings for pay TV operators in markets across Latin America, India and South East Asia.
News categories: Wyplay, Technicolor, Jacques Bourgninaud, Geneviève Pinvidic, Asia, Digital TV, India, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
ADB extends cooperation with nc+ in Poland
May 11, 2017 – ADB and nc+ have signed an agreement to extend cooperation on software for the nc+ digital platform. New connected features are to be developed to enhance the market traction of the platform.
News categories: ADB, nc+, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
ADB with 2 millionth solution for Polish nc+
Apr 28, 2015 – ADB has announced that it has delivered its 2 millionth solution for the most technologically advanced Polish satellite operator – nc+. nc+ – just as its predecessor ‘n’ platform – has been an ADB customer since October 2006.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Set Top Box
Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
Dec 15, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) and nc+ have announced the signature of a contract for the renewal of nine transponders at Eutelsat’s HOT BIRD video neighbourhood. The agreement equips nc+ for the expansion of its digital platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, nc+, Michel Azibert, Julien Verley, Content Distribution, Poland, Satellite
Poland's nc+ goes live with ADB Wi-Fi satellite STB
Nov 26, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Polish satellite operator, nc+, has selected ADB’s new platform, set-top box software, and associated software integration services to underpin its multi-room and multi-screen strategy.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Peter Balchin, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, Middleware, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
nc+ launches satellite STB with WiFi in Poland
Jul 14, 2014 – In late July and early August Polish pay TV operator, nc+, will make available its new 'wifibox+' satellite set-top box. The box has built-in Wi-Fi allowing wireless access to the company's netVOD+ video-on-demand (VOD) service. Users can also play video and audio files on the device, and can connect an e
News categories: nc+, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
INSIDE Secure and ADB partner to secure mobile apps
Sep 12, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that it is working with Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) to create secure, premium content iOS and Android mobile apps for operators. The first deployment emanating from the partnership is for nc+ in Poland.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Poland, Smartphone, Tablet
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying