Digital TV News: NDS
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Global pay TV middleware market to exceed $2 billion by 2020
Feb 18, 2015 – The surge in Internet protocol (IP)-enabled video consumption devices such as smart TVs, smartphones and tablets is compelling pay TV middleware solution providers to deliver a unified multiscreen experience to viewers, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Hiral Jasani, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Thailand's TrueVisions selects MStar HD STB chipset
Dec 30, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that its MPEG-4 HD Set-Top-Box chipset has been selected by TrueVisions, Thailand's largest provider of subscription-based television serving through CATV and DSTV systems.
News categories: MStar Semi, TrueVisions, Dennis Lai, Vichai Sernvongsat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Thailand
ARRIS gains, Cisco loses in set-top box market
Aug 20, 2014 – According to ABI Research, 2Q 2014 showed about a 5% growth in set-top box revenues from a key set of major OEMs. Most manufacturers saw similar sales, with ARRIS a clear winner, growing about 60% year-over-year.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
Jul 22, 2014 – Pay TV Operator spending on middleware, conditional access, DRM and other elements of pay TV software contracted 5% in North America and Western Europe during 2013, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
GVT TV deploys Cisco conditional access for DTH in Brazil
Sep 20, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that GVT TV has adopted the Cisco® Videoscape VideoGuard® Smart Card to protect its video content transmitted via satellite in Brazil. This is a secure encryption system protected against Cardsharing or Control Word Sharing.
News categories: Cisco Systems, GVT, Rodrigo Dienstmann, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite
STMicroelectronics reports 2013 second quarter results
Jul 22, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the second quarter and first half ending June 29, 2013. Second quarter net revenues totaled $2.05 billion. Net revenues increased 1.8% sequentially and decreased 4.8% on a year-over-year basis.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers