Digital TV News: NDT
MediaKind delivers 4K UHD content for BTV in China
Mar 10, 2021 – MediaKind is working with NDT on the delivery of recorded 4K content for BTV's winter sports channel. MediaKind has provided encoding and decoding solutions enabling the first provincial 4K UHD channel on satellite in China.
News categories: MediaKind, NDT, Narayanan Rajan, Wang Tong, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AWS chosen by Hulu as its cloud provider
Aug 14, 2017 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced that Hulu has selected AWS as its cloud provider for the launch of its OTT live TV service. Hulu turned to AWS for a scalable, agile, and cost effective infrastructure.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Hulu, Mike Clayville, Rafael Soltanovich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ABS and Sarana Media Vision to launch FreeViewSat DTH in Indonesia
Nov 8, 2016 – ABS has announced that it will partner with PT Sarana Media Vision (SMV), using SMV’s DTH license to launch a consumer FreeView satellite service – FreeViewSat – across Indonesia in January 2017.
News categories: ABS, FreeViewSat, Tom Choi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Tianjin TV goes over the top with ATEME
Mar 20, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Tianjin Internet Broadcasting Television Station has successfully launched its IPTV Video on Demand (VOD) service based on TITAN, ATEME's scalable transcoding solution.
News categories: ATEME, Tianjin TV, Huang He, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Tata Sky ushers in a new DTH chapter in India with video on demand
Dec 5, 2011 – Tata Sky is all set to introduce another first with the launch of Video on Demand (VoD). Tata Sky's VoD service will include Catch Up TV and a VoD library of movies & TV concerts for subscribers for easy download.
News categories: Tata Sky, DVR, India, Satellite
Indian Pay TV platforms look for investors as downturn eases
Sep 17, 2009 – Research just published by media analysts Screen Digest shows that India's TV market is expected to experience growth in all sectors until 2013.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
ADB Deploys First IPTV STB on North American Telco Network
Aug 9, 2007 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) has announced that it has rolled-out its first commercial deployment of the ADB-3800W, high-definition (HD) IPTV set-top box (STB) featuring Minerva Networks' iTVManager software. The units have been deployed on North Dakota Telephone Company's (NDTC) network. The units have also been launched on over 30 Independent Operating Company (IOC) networks throughout North America.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
BPL Mobile is all set to launch Mobile TV this July
Jul 12, 2007 – BPL Mobile, Mumbai's leading cellular service provider is all set to roll out Mobile TV service this July for their valued customers. With this, BPL Mobile becomes one of the very few GSM operators to introduce Mobile TV in 2-2.5 G environment.
News categories: BPL Mobile, ZTE, Digital TV, India, Mobile
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS