Digital TV News: NEC Corp
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
NEC and GLOBO trial live 4K DTT broadcasting in Rio de Janeiro
Jun 30, 2014 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced that it is collaborating with GLOBO on constructing a live 4K terrestrial broadcasting trial system by providing its real-time HEVC hardware-based encoder, the 4K/60p compliant VC-8150.
News categories: NEC Corp, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
NEC to implement digital TV transmitters for Thailand's PBS
Jun 5, 2014 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced that it will be implementing digital TV transmitters nationwide for the Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS) for all of its 44 locations across the Kingdom of Thailand.
News categories: NEC Corp, Thai PBS, Mongkon Leelatum, Hiroshi Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Thailand
NTT and NEC launch real time 4K/60P HEVC encoder
Feb 12, 2014 – NTT and NEC have announced the launch of the industry's first real time 4K/60P High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) encoder.
News categories: NTT, NEC Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
NEC Provides Commercial Broadcaster in Myanmar with DTT Transmitters
Oct 3, 2012 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) is providing Myanmar's new commercial broadcaster, Myanmar Album Media Services (MAMS), with digital TV broadcasting transmitters through one of the country's system integrators, RedLink Communications.
News categories: NEC Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Terrestrial
Worldwide IPTV Market to Reach US$78.9 Billion in Service Revenues by 2015
Feb 8, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on IPTV. The Global iPTV market is projected to amass a worldwide subscriber base of 343.2 million by the year 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
DOCOMO, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp to Develop Mobile Application Platform
Apr 26, 2010 – NTT DOCOMO, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp have announced their agreement to jointly develop a new application platform for mobile phones that will be compatible with both the Symbian and Linux operating systems.
News categories: DOCOMO, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
NEC Deploys DVB-T2 Transmitters with Arqiva in the UK
Dec 10, 2009 – NEC (TSE:6701) has announced the deployment of its DVB-T2 digital terrestrial TV (DTT) broadcast transmitters with Arqiva in the UK. The transmitters will enable Arqiva and the BBC to launch the world's first DVB-T2 DTT service from December 2, 2009.
News categories: NEC Corp, Arqiva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, UK
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update