Digital TV News: NETIA
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 24,000 in 2Q 2021
Aug 18, 2021 – Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. has released results for the six months ended June 30, 2021. At the end of June the company had 4,961 thousand contract pay TV subscribers, down 40 thousand (-0.8%) year-on-year.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box, Streaming
ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
Apr 17, 2018 – ADB has announced that Netia has chosen ADB’s VV 5822 gateway to deliver multimedia services to individual and business customers. The platform is equipped with ADB’s Epicentro software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Netia, Jacek Galik, Bartłomiej Zaremba, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Media entrepreneurs acquire NETIA from Globecast
Jan 11, 2017 – NETIA has announced that its sole shareholder Globecast (part of the Orange group) has sold all its shares in the company to two French media entrepreneurs, Anthony Savelli and Vincent Benveniste.
News categories: NETIA, Radio Act, Thierry Gandilhon, Anthony Savelli, Vincent Benveniste, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Netia TV subscribers in Poland up 56% in 2012 to 79,285
Feb 21, 2013 – Poland's Netia (WSE: NET) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Netia's TV services reached 79,285 at year-end, growing by 56% from 50,712 at December 31, 2011 and by 9% from 72,805 at September 30, 2012.
News categories: Netia, IPTV, Poland, Results, Subscribers
Netgem selected by Netia in Poland for its IPTV offering
Nov 9, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that Netia (WSE: NET) has started rolling out its new TV service in Poland based on Netgem's technologies. Netgem will provide Netia with its middleware and hybrid DTT/internet set-top boxes.
News categories: Netgem, Netia SA, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
Netia reconsiders IPTV deal with TVN Group
Feb 22, 2010 – Netia (WSE: NET) has announced results for the fourth quarter 2009. Following delays in reaching an agreement to distribute 'n's DTH offering over IPTV to Netia's broadband customers, both Netia and the TVN Group have decided to reconsider.
News categories: Netia, IPTV, Poland, Results
Autumn launch for Netia IPTV in Poland
Aug 6, 2009 – Netia (WSE: NET) and 'n' (Luxembourg: ITIH) are running a pilot project for IPTV services in the cities of Warsaw and Wrocław. The commercial launch is planned for this autumn following successful pilot project results.
News categories: Netia, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner