Digital TV News: NOW
Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
May 23, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Bitmovin have partnered on a solution to stream live content and secure videos with Cloud DRM, by integrating Insys' Cloud Video Kit with the Bitmovin Player.
News categories: Insys Video, Bitmovin, Piotr Czekała, David Rushton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Netgem releases trading update
May 25, 2023 – Netgem has released a trading update. The total number of subscribers to the Group's services amounted to 609,000 at the end of April 2023, a growth rate of more than 30% over 12 months.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
May 24, 2023 – Player.pl is now available on Xbox One and Xbox series devices in Poland. The service operates on the Redge Media platform, a white label video streaming solution for content distributors.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Mateusz Zawiślak, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
May 23, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Tele Columbus has selected NAGRA as its solution provider and prime integrator to launch its new hybrid cable and multiscreen solution, PŸUR TV.
News categories: NAGRA, Tele Columbus, 3SS, Sagemcom, Nancy Goldberg, Markus Oswald, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
May 23, 2023 – ACCESS Europe has announced ACCESS Twine for TV Operators, combining a technology platform with content to enable operators to easily add connected entertainment services on TV, mobile and tablet.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Masahiro Aono, Robert Guest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Multiplay service revenue in India to grow at 4.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 22, 2023 – Multiplay service revenue in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2022 and 2027 in line with the rising adoption of service bundles, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.