Digital TV News: NTT
Japan multi-play revenues to increase at 7% CAGR over 2021-2026
Oct 18, 2022 – According to GlobalData, multi-play revenues in Japan are set to increase at a CAGR of 7% from $32.5 billion in 2021 to $45.6 billion in 2026, driven by strong demand for blended services and growth in the number of multi-play households.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
RT-RK and iWedia partner on OTT application development for the car
Sep 7, 2022 – RT-RK and iWedia have announced a joint offer for OTT application development for the car. The solution is built on iWedia's media player together with RT-RK's know-how in DRM, ABR streaming, and Android Automotive OS system integration.
News categories: RT-RK, iWedia, Milenko Beric, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Japan SVOD revenue to grow to $6.3bn in 2025
Nov 16, 2021 – VOD service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.7% from $2.8bn in 2020 to $6.3bn in 2025, driven by increasing SVOD subscriptions and steady rise in average monthly revenue per SVOD household, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Limelight caching technology adopted by NTT DOCOMO
Oct 28, 2021 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that Limelight's EdgeXtend has been adopted by NTT DOCOMO to expand its content business and improve user experiences for viewers across Japan.
News categories: Limelight, NTT DOCOMO, Takayuki Tadokoro, Takashi Ito, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Prime Video, TVer, AbemaTV and Netflix lead streaming market in Japan
Oct 4, 2021 – Premium video streaming in Japan reached 85 billion minutes during Jan- Aug 2021, or 13% of total time spent on video according to the first of a series of quarterly reports from Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, AMPD Research, Vivek Couto, Anthony Dobson, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Pay TV revenue in Japan to expand at a 2.2% CAGR
Jun 28, 2021 – Despite a decline in pay TV subscriptions, pay TV revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over the period 2020-2025, supported by increasing ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
ATSC 3.0 deployment in Las Vegas features Technicolor HDR
Jun 5, 2020 – Technicolor has announced that the High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology embedded in the commercial deployment of ATSC 3.0 by Sinclair Broadcast in Las Vegas features its SL-HDR1 technology.
News categories: Technicolor, Sinclair Broadcast, Thomas Bohan, Mark Aitken, Alan Stein, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia