Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
AAC Joint Patent Licensing Program Update
Jan 5, 2009 – Via Licensing has updated its Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) patent licensing program to enable licensees to secure rights to MPEG-2 AAC, MPEG-4 AAC, MPEG-4 High Efficiency AAC (HE AAC), and for the first time, HE AAC v.2, all under a single license.
News categories: Via Licensing, CES2023, Licensing, Mobile, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV
PacketVideo's CORE™ Multimedia Player for Video and Music Powers 10 New Models in NTT DoCoMo 906i & 706i Series
May 27, 2008 – PacketVideo (PV), a subsidiary of NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE), has been selected by NTT DoCoMo to power 10 new advanced multimedia player handset options with PV's universal player software, also known as CORE™ multimedia client framework.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DoCoMo, DRM, Japan, Media Player, Mobile
GestureTek Inc. and Telefónica announce strategic partnership and investment agreement
Dec 5, 2007 – GestureTek, world leader and patent holder in computer vision and gesture-recognition technology for presentation, information and entertainment systems, has announced a strategic investment in the company by Telefónica SA, Spain's leading telecommunications operator.
News categories: GestureTek, Telefónica, MandA, Middleware, Mobile
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Mobile, Software
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools