Digital TV News: Nagravision
Sigma Designs to launch ARM-based chipset family with HEVC at CES
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is to launch its HEVC-capable SMP8750 family at CES 2014. Combining HEVC with an ARM Cortex A9 CPU and an ARM Mali 400 GPU, the SMP8756 will offer a unique combination of performance, user experience and video quality.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase selects Sigma Designs SoC and HTTV Open Middleware for IPTV HDMI stick
Jan 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Novabase Digital TV Technologies has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its HbbTV-compliant HDMI-Stick IPTV STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, HTTV, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Regis Saint Girons, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase chooses Sigma Designs media processor for turn-key set top box
Sep 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that Novabase has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its next generation of Set Top Box (STB) products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ZTE Obtains Conditional Access Authorisation from Nagra
Oct 8, 2012 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has obtained Conditional Access authorisation from Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S), enabling the company to access and develop technology for digital television (DTV) services.
News categories: ZTE, Nagra, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski 2012 half year results released
Aug 21, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 half year results. Emerging markets sustained the Group's Digital TV business in the half. Once again, a strong demand for the Group's products in Latin America drove first half revenues.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
MStar partners with Taiwan Multiple System Operator CNS
Mar 5, 2012 – MStar has announced that it's set-top box semiconductor platform will be used by Taiwanese cable TV operator CNS for its move to digital broadcasting. The partnership is also expected to form the basis of CNS' smart digital home platform.
News categories: MStar Semi, CNS, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs