Digital TV News: Nex
Hisense second in global TV shipments
Nov 16, 2022 – Data from AVC Revo shows that global shipments of Hisense TVs from January to October reached 19.6 million, with a year-on-year growth rate of 18%. This record sales position Hisense the 2nd in the global market, a high in the brand's history.
News categories: Hisense, AVC Revo, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
Nov 16, 2022 – Rolling out through the end of the year, Samsung is making available apps from game streaming partners Xbox, Amazon Luna, NVIDIA GeForce NOW and Utomik, with Blacknut and Antstream Arcade coming in 2023.
News categories: Samsung, Antstream Arcade, Blacknut, Mike Lucero, Sarah Tobin, Steve Cottam, Nabil Laredj, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA
83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
Nov 18, 2022 – Parks Associates research finds that 83% of US internet households now subscribe to at least one OTT service, while 45% still subscribe to the traditional linear pay-TV service model.
News categories: Parks Associates, FPT Software, Sarah Lee, Ira Dworkin, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Zattoo app comes to VIDAA-based Hisense and Loewe TVs
Nov 15, 2022 – With the Zattoo app now being available on Hisense and Loewe TV devices running the VIDAA operating system, Zattoo is closing one of the last gaps in the market for access to its service in the DACH region.
News categories: Zattoo, VIDAA, Loewe, Constanze Gilles, Denis Oštir, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Smart TV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere, TV OS
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
SDMC and AirConsole offer casual gaming solution for operators
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC Technology has announced a partnership with AirConsole. AirConsole enables users of SDMC's devices to play casual multiplayer games on their TV boxes, using their smartphones as a controller.
News categories: SDMC, AirConsole, David Li, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Media Distillery and NLZIET partner on content discovery
Nov 10, 2022 – Media Distillery and NLZIET have announced a partnership to improve customer experience through topic-based content discovery. NLZIET is a Dutch OTT streaming service owned and operated by the country’s three major broadcasting groups (NPO, RTL and Talpa).
News categories: Media Distillery, NLZIET, Roland Sars, Sander Kouwenhove, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, UX
Proximus selects 3SS to power Pickx TV experiences
Nov 10, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus has selected its 3Ready as the foundation for its next-generation TV Everywhere multi-device Pickx offering, replacing an incumbent solution.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV